How is prepaid different than contract service?
tomkk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a difference in service for Prepaid and Contract plans?I was told by a store Rep that Prepaid speeds are slower, call quality is lower, coverage is significantly less and, when the system starts getting overloaded, Prepaid customers are the first to be cut loose.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Prepaid vs Contract service
Snn5
Legend

Prepaid is really 10% less, take a look at the coverage map.  Speeds are not slower anymore as prepaid now uses 4G devices as well.  Priority is given to contract customers, but with XLTE rolling out nationwide, that isn't as much an issue anymore.  Now, customer service is different...you stay on hold longer and access to your account and live chat support is diminished.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Prepaid is really 10% less, take a look at the coverage map.  Speeds are not slower anymore as prepaid now uses 4G devices as well.  Priority is given to contract customers, but with XLTE rolling out nationwide, that isn't as much an issue anymore.  Now, customer service is different...you stay on hold longer and access to your account and live chat support is diminished.

0 Likes
tomkk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info. I tried looking at the coverage map but didn't see how I could find the Prepaid coverage vs the rest. How do I do that?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

America's Largest 4G LTE Network | Verizon Wireless

Click on: Find a Detailed Coverage Map of Your Area...to the right of the RED USA photo.  Choose PrePaid after choosing your zip.

0 Likes
tomkk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ahhh, got it, thanks, I missed that.

Snn5
Legend

Welcome.  As far as I can tell, I searched my area, the LA area, and the US at large, and saw that the biggest difference is in small fringe areas on the perimeter of the strongest areas, meaning prepaid gets very little less than contract.  The only other difference between the two is that the postpaid plans have many more features and are eligible for data promos where the prepaid/loyalty/individual lines are not.  (except the auto-pay on prepay promo for a little extra data)

0 Likes
Brooot

I am now realizing that PrePay verison is the worst service and devinitely treated unfairly in qulity and customcer service.  I didn't know this before. Have had NIGHTMARE experiences with pone and on on, even in tech tier 2 can help me....may monetaritly then goes back to same problems or new ones.

I think there may be a class action suit here?  

I want help with my phone now, by a live person, who knows what they are doing and won't keep me on the phone for hour.  Have had maratohon calls (up to 7 1/2 hrs.) w/Verizon to now avail.

This needst o be fixed NOW! Please have a MANAGER in Tier Two PM me and I will give you my number

0 Likes