Does Verizon disable wifi calling on the Moto e4Plus prepaid phone?
ajitnair

I have a prepaid plan and purchased a Moto e4 Plus along with the plan. The LTE coverage at my office is very weak and I would like to enable Wifi calling. I've confirmed the following:

- HD Voice is activated and turned on

- The phone is capable of wifi calling

But I simply don't see the Wifi Calling option under Advanced Caling. It's just not available. All I see are two options:

- Activate Advanced Calling

(Service upgraded to HD voice)

- Advanced Calling

It leads me to believe that Wifi Calling feature might have been disabled in the OS that was installed on this phone.

I've tried Verizon tech support via the phone, online chat (twice) and even at a Verizon store. But no one has figured it out yet. They've all expected Wifi calling to work.

Can anyone confirm that some models like this one might simply have been shipped with an OS with this feature disabled?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does Verizon disable wifi calling on the Moto e4Plus prepaid phone?
sylviat_vzw
Verizon Employee

ajitnair, we truly appreciate all of your efforts with attempting to solve your Wi-Fi calling concern. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate the details. Can you please confirm that your device has the latest software update https://vz.to/2kneWbX? Also, can you please confirm where you had purchased your device (Phone in the box- Verizon store/website, third party store/ online)?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the
Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ajitnair

Hi - yes I've confirmed that the device software is the latest - System Updates -> Check for system updates is displaying "Your device is up-to-date".

Also I purchased this phone online from the Verizon website when I signed up for the prepaid plan.

Ajit

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ajitnair,

Thank you for confirming the details. i have completed some research on the Moto E4 Plus, and have found that Wi-Fi calling is not supported at this time.

Here is a link to our website with show eligible devices under the second section, click on the plus sign next to number 3: http://spr.ly/6587DgCdt

I do have a recommendation for the weak coverage in your office. Next time you are in the office, turn off Advanced Calling on your phone and restart the device. When the device comes back on make a few test calls with the HD calling off, you may get an improvement in call quality. Let us know the results.

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes