Device nickname on prepaid account
mgeorge48873
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am moving phones from my post-paid account to a prepaid.  I have three moved over, but all of them have my name on them.  In the post-paid portal, I could easily change the device nicknames.  I cannot find that control in the prepaid portal.  How can I make that change?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Device nickname on prepaid account
mgeorge48873
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

I do not see device nickname option in the My Verizon website or the My Verizon app for prepaid. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here, mgeorge48873! Are you using the My Verizon App for Prepaid, or going through the website?

OmarC_VZW

0 Likes
malonejr

I had the exact same problem. In the post-paid plan I could easily change the nicknames through the VZ website. I couldn't do it on-line with the pre-paid plan. I had to contact customer service through their secure chat - it took a few minutes. 

0 Likes
mgeorge48873
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did try contact customer support, but it seemed they were only going to change the name on all of the lines to the same new name.  I have two more lines to move and then I'll try CS again.

I'm confused as to why this is so difficult.  It is an easy change on the post-paid account.

0 Likes
mgeorge48873
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried both.

0 Likes
mgeorge48873
Enthusiast - Level 2

Darn, I didn't mean to mark that previous post as a "Correct Answer".  I wanted to correct the answer to say:

"I tried both the My Verizon app and the website.  There is no 'My Verizon App for Prepaid'."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information, we sincerely appreciate it. Being able to manage your My Verizon app, is essential, and our goal is to help you in the best way possible. From this platform we do not have access to prepaid accounts, however, we are providing the direct number, this way you can contact them at your earliest convenience: 

Prepaid Department
888-294-6804
Hours of Operation
Sun-Sat 6:00AM - 11:00PM ET

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes