Calls sound like chipmunk
amandanotgould

On some calls the other person sounds like a chipmunk chirping. They can hear me 

0 Likes
Re: Calls sound like chipmunk
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Every call should go through without a hitch. I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've been having. I'd like to help. Please tell me, what's the zip code with the nearest street intersection you're having trouble at? Is there a case on your device? - Carter

0 Likes
Dmeyer62

88252. My call to my granddaughters when she answers I sound like a chipmunk and it is just my number 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dmeyer62-

We want your calls to work as they should. When did this issue begin? Does it happen when you call other people as well?

-CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
SteveDavis99

I'm having the same problem with my Nokia 2 phone.  Can't figure out how to fix it.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're sorry for the issues you're having on your phone. Have there been any changes or have your traveled recently? Please try dialing *228 from your phone and selecting option 2. 

~Ivone

0 Likes
SteveDavis99

This has actually been happening for a few years, although only with calls from a few people.  When I call *228 the call doesn't go through, it hangs up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing those details about it happening with only select people you call. Are they on different carriers than Verizon? Also sorry about a little confusion with the *228 step, that's for a different kind of device. Your LTE device used some different tech then what the old *228 method works with. Before calling one of those numbers in the future, try a Network Setting Reset: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-233389/ 

See if that improve the quality.  

-John

0 Likes