Billed for international calls when calling within Colorado, USA
ohmaclynn

I have repeatedly been billed for international roaming, through Bermuda and Mexico, while calling from/to numbers in state of Colorado.  Calls from/to zips 80134 & 80440.  They corrected the Bermuda charges; they were expensive.  Haven't called about the Mexico routing yet. 

Any one else with this problem?  Any solutions from Verizon Support or other customers ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Billed for international calls when calling within Colorado, USA
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Where were you physically located when you made the calls?  Were you physically located in those Colorado zip codes?

What area codes were you calling?

Were you calling from a US phone number?

The strange thing is international calls can only be made on an international network or routing system. If you are in Colorado and not in let's say Mexico or Canada than how is your phone connecting to an international switching or routing system being so far from international cell phone towers? The charges for international routing are hosting charges that occur when you are hosted as a vistor using those systems in absense of being on Verizon's network. Highly unlikely you are being charged for international roaming since you are not physically located in an international environment in which you absolutely need to be to use an international switch in order to be charged for international usage charges.

Sounds like its something else because it can't be international roaming if you're truly in Colorado, USA.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Where were you physically located when you made the calls?  Were you physically located in those Colorado zip codes?

What area codes were you calling?

Were you calling from a US phone number?

The strange thing is international calls can only be made on an international network or routing system. If you are in Colorado and not in let's say Mexico or Canada than how is your phone connecting to an international switching or routing system being so far from international cell phone towers? The charges for international routing are hosting charges that occur when you are hosted as a vistor using those systems in absense of being on Verizon's network. Highly unlikely you are being charged for international roaming since you are not physically located in an international environment in which you absolutely need to be to use an international switch in order to be charged for international usage charges.

Sounds like its something else because it can't be international roaming if you're truly in Colorado, USA.

0 Likes
ohmaclynn

Both callers were in the USA, in the same state as I said.  Area codes are 303 and 720; both phones and service also USA.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ohmaclynn
That's a very odd issue. I want your billing to be correct. I'd love to look into this with you! Please follow me back and send me a private message with your billing account password and mobile number. I will review the account and get this addressed.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ohmaclynn

Oh, that is funny!!  I'm supposed to send my password.  That is not going to happen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there ohmaclynn,

I understand your concern, but a dm to us is secure and for our eyes only. We will need to verify the billing system password to review the account in detail. If you feel more comfortable you can just dm us your mobile number and we can reach out to you directly and we can verify your password over the phone.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes