Being charged for calls I didn't make
SRBGILL

I have been charged for calss which I do not remember making and I do not know anyone in [removed] area

Friday, August 28, 201508/28/2015 at 09:58:56 PMOutbound Call[removed]2$1.38
Friday, August 28, 201508/28/2015 at 09:56:29 PMOutbound Call[removed]1$0.69

Is this some kind of a scam?

Phone numbers removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Being charged for calls I didn't make
rcschnoor
Legend

What kind of phone do you have? If a smartphone, you can install apps on your phone which have the ability to make calls. Simply by hitting a link in such an app, you could inadvertently initiate a call and it could hang up before you realized it was placed. The only way to prevent such accidental calls would be to delete all apps which have this capability.

There is also "butt dialing", etc...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand your concern SRBGILL. Your security is our top priority and we have removed the information for your protection. I do see that this is in regards to prepaid. We don't have access to prepaid. You can call them at 888-294-6804 and I am confident they will be able to help.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

That number you listed, is a Chicago mobile number and that number is most likely bouncing off of Canadian towers.  That explains the charges, but does not explain how your phone made the calls.

0 Likes