BYOD activation hung
mikelw

Yesterday morning I purchased a BYOD pre-paid SIM card, trying to move back to Verizon after several years with another carrier.  Following the included instructions for online activation, the activation site failed after several attempts, always at the point of customizing my customer information.

I started up the phone and it promptly went into the activation wizard, reported that it had successfully activated, and showed me my new phone number.  Everything after that point has failed.  I'm not getting credit for the $45 included with the SIM card package, I can't register to manage the account because the Verizon systems say that the phone number is not valid, and even the CSR's say that they can't find a record for the phone number from their side.

My trouble ticket was "escalated" and I was given the obligatory statement that someone would be back in touch with me "sometime in the next 72 hours."  Meanwhile, my old phone is dying an agonizing death and my minutes are almost out on the other account.

Based on the failure point in the activation web site, along with the fact that if I try to make a call from the phone I get a message from the Verizon payment center that "We are experiencing technical difficulties", it appears that the system failure is related to the billing system.

It seems a bit ridiculous that after 24 hours the issue is on-going... either the data record was corrupted during the activation process, or somebody broke a connection between the billing systems during a system update that I'm told occurred the night before my activation attempt.  Either way, you would expect a company the size of VZW to have the resources to fix this kind of problem a lot more quickly.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BYOD activation hung
mikelw

Going on 48 hours now and still not a peep!  This grows even more ridiculous with each passing hour.  I've paid for a service and it's NOT BEING PROVIDED.

0 Likes