Verizon pushing new firmware to android devices over the air
o6richter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently my Droid Bionic woke up one morning (it charges at night in the stand) and announced it had a new firmware version and had rebooted itself.  The new firmware is substantially faster than the original factory f/w load I got about 6 months ago.  Battery life is also much better now with 4 days of mixed use and standby possibe on the extended battery.

To check your bionic's revison:

press the left system key and scroll to the bottom -> about phone -> it is now showing system version 5.9.902.xt875.version.en.us and includes the webtop (keyboard/display option) WT-1.3.0-108_DBN-24  and kernel version 2.6.35.7-g83f1a47 

(android version is still 2.3.4)

These values are different than what was shipped on the box.  The change took place automatically around 3AM - If your revisions are lower, you might check with verizon about upgrades.  If yours are higher please post them (aparently this is the only place posting is allowed) so that others can get the latest linux o/s which makes a difference when using the keyboard/HD display accessory.

There are rumors that 4.0 (ICS) is comming to smartphones - any fresh info there would be helpful too

o6richter

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon pushing new firmware to android devices over the air
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you please repost this as a new DISCUSSION in the for those users to see?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes