CAUTION ON CONTRACT SIGNING
kbuller

CAUTION when signing contracts.  Be sure and read contracts all the way through and not rely on what the sales rep or the online chat tells you.  It appears I was out right lied to in order to sign a new contract.  Myself and 2 member of my family were there when this happened.  I asked the same question 3 times to clarify the terms and was reassured all 3 times that the terms were what I asked for.  I was not going to renew if this item was not included.  Just a big word of caution.  I have been a customer for many years with multiple phones and this will be that last contract signed with them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: CAUTION ON CONTRACT SIGNING
o6richter
Enthusiast - Level 2

When signing the receipt it should spell out the minutes / mo of daytime and off-peak usage plus the cost for each phone.  If what is written on the cash register does not match what the employee told you - DON'T SIGN - make them print a contract with the terms you verbally agreed to.  Keep in mind every city and county will have some tax on wireless service so a $10/mo phone may be $11.50/mo when you get the bill.

Your other option is to use a smartphone with video recording to capture the salesperson's promise and save the file as a videotape of your salesperson's verbal contract - the video is admissible in small claims court - then file for your loss against whatever carrier lied to you since you have admissible evidence.  No carrier can bring their attorney to small claims court, and your loss is likely under $5000 which puts you on an even playing field with them in small claims.  Show your video negotiation to the judge and where it does not match the bill and the defendant would be hard pressed to disagree that the salesperson was an agent acting on their behalf.  You should name both the salesperson and the store manager when having a process server deliver the news to the store that lied to you since the salesperson moves around, gets fired, etc.

Re: CAUTION ON CONTRACT SIGNING
Okie1

MY daughter broke her apple4, and the salesman told her that she could use my upgrade(she is on the list) even though she had insurance for her phone. She said no, and they still used the upgrade.  They are smooth tongued and crooked to boot.  Now I need a new phone for my son and it will cost me $600, or they said that I can open a 5th phone line! Nice.

0 Likes