Re: iphone 12 not connecting to network extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

In this situation, we can gladly review the process so you can return the extender. We have sent you a private message to further assist you. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, jennever. We want to make sure you have the details you need, on how your extender works, and what devices can connect to them. Since the iPhone 12 is a 5G device, it may have issues connecting to the 4G extender. Does this make sense? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
MaiVegas

I have the extender 2 and iPhone 12 pro max, the extender does not pick up my iPhone 12 pro max, same here

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

Both my wife and I want the new Iphone 12 but per this issue we cant have them.  Sitting here hoping that Verizon will chime in soon and tell us what the plan is?  Gonna fix our current extenders or sell us new ones at least?  New ones that will work with 5G?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MaiVegas sorry to learn you are having an issue with your Network connection. Can you tell us if the Network Extender is 4G or higher? Have you ever been able to connect this phone to it?

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

Is Verizon still saying that any extender they know of will NOT work with iPhone 5G phones?

No new extender yet offered by Verizon or that they know of that will work with the 5G iPhone? 

One other question, since I refuse to go into store due to Covid, if I order new iPhone from Verizon and have it mailed to me, to replace (no not trading in) my current iPhone, can I then turn it on and sign in to my apple account and have it start working with my number and I dont have to do anything with sim cards or call Verizon to initiate the change?  Is it all automatically done when I sign into my apple account on the new iPhone?   I know this is a rookie question, I am used to going to Costco to get new phones, have never done it this way before.

thanks...

(Looks like I cant buy the 12, but I need new one soon so I guess 11 it is, no 5G)

0 Likes
bentleyc19

Verizon Wireless gave my neighbors a free network extender because our area doesn't have great coverage. They refused to upgrade ours for free even though the neighbors got theirs for free. Sounds shady to me and bad business. I have the new iPhone 12 Pro and it will not connect to the network extender at all. Other phones in my house will connect. I was told to watch for promotions when they give free network extenders out, otherwise, pay for a new one that cost around $250.  SMH. With as much money as we pay for our phone service every month, the least that VZW could do is upgrade out extender at no cost.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to be able to be able to connect to your network at home. The Network Extenders that are offered for free are offered when we have completed all troubleshooting, and submitted a network ticket to have one of our technicians check the area to determine if the signal in the area is lacking enough to require a Network Extender. Once this is determined by our Technicians, you would see the offer for the Network Extender on the account. If you are looking to upgrade the device, you will want to reach out to us to troubleshoot your signal issue, and go through the troubleshooting needed to submit a network ticket, and have our technicians re-visit the area, and determine that the signal in your home location is in need of the device.  

0 Likes
Rasman06
Enthusiast - Level 1

Turn airplane mode on and then back off. 

no joke - works - clears some left over radio frequency 

samfrancisjr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same problem with my IPhone 12 and 4LTE extender - turn airplane mode on and off and it connects to the extender!