Re: default admin password for Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender SLS-BU103 VSR 2.0
cmonrad

what phone number did you call to get the password changed? Factory default does not work for me either.

0 Likes
Re: default admin password for Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender SLS-BU103 VSR 2.0
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here is information to reset the password on your network extender:

1. Access the Network Extender Admin then click Settings Settings icon (on the left).

2. From Settings, click Change Admin Password.

3. Enter a password into the following fields.

4. From the Security Challenge dropdown menu, select a security question.

5. Enter the Challenge Answer then click Save Changes.

TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
MaeBea

Nothing works to allow access to the network extender so who do you call to fix the thing?

You cannot change anything if you cannot get in tried all your posted passwords and nothing 

helps. Anything????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize those steps did not work. We will continue working toward a resolution right here. Please click on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-215978/ and refer to number three for the default password. Please use that format to sign in and change the permanent password. Does this help?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
pgreyVZW
Enthusiast - Level 3

This does NOT work.

Combinations I've tried, so far:

LteFemt0+ last4ofMAC(no caps)

LteFemtO+ last4ofMAC(no caps)

LteFemt0+ last4ofMAC(all caps)

LteFemtO+ last4ofMAC(no caps)

0 Likes
pgreyVZW
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've tried a LOT more combinations now, to no-avail.

This is DUMB.  Who changes the firmware here (almost positive this is what happened), and "failed to update the docs/FAQ", weird?

I suppose I could backdoor this darn thing (the Femtocell), and dis-assemble the firmware, but that's a BIG pain-in-the-neck, why can't a Verizon person research this, and post an answer, seems like a "fairly simple" question, really?

0 Likes
pgreyVZW
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, so here's the solution (I found some f/w code, and looked at the dis-assembly, Verizon's tech department has NO idea on this):

The "latest firmware" for the Femtocell (i.e. Network Extender 2) is:

LTEFemto + last 4 of the extender's MAC-address, in CAPS.

Example: LTEFemtoAB12  (this is ONLY an example, your MAC WILL be different, depending on your own extender's MAC address).

Wow, that was a BIG pain, and I've been a VZW customer (coming from ATT for 21 years) for a grand-total of 8 days now...

pgreyVZW
Enthusiast - Level 3

IF you have a "moderately secure" network, where this thing is installed, you'll have to fix the ISAKMP port-forward for it, too.

I did this by setting up a manual-foward, from the IP of your Femtocell, EXPLICITLY (this part is important, for the security of the key-exchanges), to the Verizon key-exchange server (currently this is 141.207.161.235, but there are "better ways" to "address" this key-exchange server, I'll not go into this, here though, it's perhaps too complicated for this issue).

Without this explicitly forwarded, they can be some "key leakage", depending on the security of your router/switch/modem setup.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues resetting/changing the default admin password for your Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender SLS-BU103 VSR 2.0 device. We also thank you for providing the combinations you've tried so far. We also thank our forum community members for their assistance too. Just to be sure we're on the right path to assist you, we reviewed the troubleshooting steps we've shared with you to set or change your device's admin password at http://spr.ly/66041JGNm and we're confident that these steps will help you. Please repeat these steps once again. If the issue persists, we recommend completing a factory reset for your Network Extender. As a friendly reminder, a factory reset restores the device back to its original factory settings and often resolves equipment and/or service issues. We only recommend this option when all other troubleshooting steps have been exhausted. You can view the steps to initiate a factory reset for your network extender by following the steps provided at http://spr.ly/66051JGNW. We know these troubleshooting steps may take a few minutes to complete and we'll be right here to further assist you. Please keep our team updated.- RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
harborwh1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here's the reason why none of those password combinations worked:  

The documentation originally specified that you must use a zero after "LteFemt" or "LteFemt0"

Whereas, you are actually required to use a lower case "o" after "LteFemt" or "LteFemto" PLUS the last four digits of the Extender's MAC address.  In my case the password turned out to be "LteFemto2C9B"

From there I logged in and changed the admin password to something friendly.