Why can't I connect to my network extender?
Spokane55

It worked very well with my prior phone, moving the signal strength from one or two bars to four. I now barely have a signal with the S5. I did reboot both the extender and the modem. What is the problem?
It is a Verizon (Samsung model SCS2U01) network extender

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I just upgraded to an S5 and am having issues with the network extender.
Snn5
Legend

The S5 has Advanced Calling 1.0 correct?  If you have even a hint of 4G, the phone will try to take on that 4G signal even if 3G is stronger.  Also, AC 1.0 does not work with the extender.  You wont be able to connect to the extender if AC 1.0 is enabled.  that 3G extender is finicky with 4G phones.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello Spokane55,

Let's figure out what's going on, and get your extender working again! Since this device is new, please dial #48+Send from the phone, and listen to the recording to see if you are under network extender coverage. Although the bars show differently, when you are speaking on the device, does the call seem well connected? Please provide more details, and we can figure this out!

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Spokane55

I had dialed *48 and according to the recording I was under extended network coverage. The problem appeared to fix itself and my S5 went to 5 bars on 5/20.  Later that day it went back to one or two bars. It has been doing that ever since, sometimes it displays a strong signal and then to drops to almost nothing. The phone can be sitting within three feet of the extender and this still happens. This never happened with my prior phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the additional details, Spokane55!

I'd like to know if your device is staying under network extender coverage. When it drops to a low signal, if you try #48 at that time, does it still say you are covered under the Network Extender?

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The S5 has Advanced Calling 1.0 correct?  If you have even a hint of 4G, the phone will try to take on that 4G signal even if 3G is stronger.  Also, AC 1.0 does not work with the extender.  You wont be able to connect to the extender if AC 1.0 is enabled.  that 3G extender is finicky with 4G phones.

0 Likes