Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,846 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Re: Where is "Managed Access" on my 4G LTE Network Extender?
giroux236
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not only does it allow any VZW customer within rage to connect, when they connect they are using your internet connection...  That you pay for....  And it uses band width on your internet connection...  Which slows down any of your devices connected to your internet connection....  All to make VZW coverage better for VZW customers....  And you are paying for it to make VZW coverage better for VZW....  IS ANYONE GETTING THIS???!!!    Maybe VZW should consider paying any owner of a 4G LTE Network Connector for supplying the additional coverage....  MAYBE??!!   And yes, I am extreamly upset over this....  To allow us to have access to manage access to users is entirely possible...  MAKE IT HAPPEN VZW....   or I guarantee your customers will be considering changing to another carrier.... 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Richard, it's important to us that you're able to configure your network extender without any problems. The following link will take you to our device troubleshooting page where you can find how-to's specific to your device. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/phones-and-devices/

Jesus_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
giroux236
Enthusiast - Level 2

NO this didnt answer my question....  PLEASE read what I wrote. THERE IS NO ACCESS TO "MANAGE ACCESS" IN THIS EXTENDER.  i WANT TO "MANAGE ACCESS" AS i WAS ABLE TO DO ON MY 3G EXTENDER. THE 4G EXTENDER DOES NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN.

JohnsonRW18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jesus - This is a canned answer; not helpful, at all.  In fact, it's rather insulting / insensitive.  Bot generated responses - aren't responses.

Giroux236 and I have complained about the 4G LTE Network Extender not being able to manage phone lines that can access the respective extenders we paid for.

It appears we will not be getting straight answers, with get-well-dates from Verizon Wireless anytime soon.

One of the Verizon sales team members surmised that network extenders may not exist later, as wireless phone dialing technology continues to evolve.  Am I to conclude that your company will not put in the effort to field managed access firmware updates?  If this is true, please be honest and admit it, outright.

I really feel deceived by Verizon Wireless here.

Perhaps I should go to social media outlets, share my plight, and see if other wireless carriers can do better?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do understand how upsetting it is to not have the ability to manage access, giroux236. Rest assured, the ability to have managed access is currently under evaluation. We currently would not have an update as to the timing or availability of this feature.

Lynn_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JohnsonRW18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you, Lynn, for your response. You state “…the ability to have managed access is currently under evaluation.” I’d appreciate a candid answer here: Does “under evaluation” mean that VZW is only considering whether or not to pursue, develop and offer managed access?

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JohnsonRW18, 

We want you and your wife to be able to connect to your Network Extender without any issues. We won't give up until we have a resolution. Although the Managed Access is still being reviewed for the 4G LTE Network Extender, what we can do is enter your number and your wife's number on the Whitelist through your account so that they have priority to connect to the extender. Would you be interested in doing that?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@YeseniaV_VZW

Maybe you can explicitly provide just where this Whitelist configuration can be found?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We will be glad to help you find any setup information needed. To make sure that you are getting the correct information, which model Network Extender do you have?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@matthewg_vzw, the posters are talking about the 4G LTE Network Extender and restrictiing/controlling access. yeseniav_vzw​ said "what we can do is enter your number and your wife's number on the Whitelist through your account so that they have priority to connect to the extender".

My question was clarify what was said by Verizon as to where this 'Whitelist' was that allows prioritizing users to connect to a 4G LTE Network Extender!

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes