Re: VZW Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender 2 - Range and Whitelisting Configure by VZW Tech Support?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, JACMD. We understand the importance of the end-user having the option to add Whitelisting functionality. We are here to help with your concern. The latest version of the 4G LTE Network Extender 2 does not have the Whitelist functionality at this moment. May we ask the reason why you would want to add this type of function?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
Re: VZW Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender 2 - Range and Whitelisting Configure by VZW Tech Support?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support  ,  @christianp_vzw  Wasn't it clear in their text:

"I too have the same issue and concern with others connecting to my range extender."

S-E-C-U-R-I-T-Y,  S-E-C-U-R-I-T-Y,  S-E-C-U-R-I-T-Y

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lmigliacci,

I understand your concern with having others connecting to your extender. Whitelise is not an option on the 4G LTE Network Extender. Instead of this option, you now have the ability to control the Transmit Power under Advanced in Settings. This will help you set the range at which someone can connect to the device. Here is a link to the user guide with more information. http://spr.ly/6601EvgvJ

DerekR_VZW

lmigliacci

Hello Verizon,

Thank you for the reposnse.

However, adjusting the range power is not a viable option.  Signal still goes through a wall, floor or ceiling to other residences that in reality are only 8' feet away, not to mention out the window.  Without the whitelisting feature Verizon cannot guarantee that my family will all be among the 14 users allowed to connect to the device.  In addition, allowing others to connect to a device inside my personal network is a huge security issue, as well as allowing others to use my personal broadband connection to stream being very unacceptable for a variety of reasons.  Verizon has the ability to enable a whitlisting feature or to provide an alternate device that has that feature.  I am asking for Verizon to do one or the other to deal with this issue.  I look forward to Verizon's response.  Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us. I apologize that the information provided was not helpful, but we are determined to continue looking for a resolution for you. I would be happy to review your account in more details, to see if there is a whitelisting option because we take the security and privacy of our customer's extremely serious and the last thing we would want is for any of your information to be compromised. What's the best time and a good contact number where I can reach you?   ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
lmigliacci

Thanks for being willing to look into the issue, much appreciated.  Not really looking to put my personal email or cell number in this message.  How can we make contact without doing that?  Do you have access to my Verizon account based upon my logon to this community to get my cell number and call me?  Thanks.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You should be able to pull up an agents profile and possibly send them a private message with private info.  Also, click on the mail icon upper right to initiate one. They might have to request a PM from you before you can send them one.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
wgmann03
Enthusiast - Level 1

So wait, there is no security on my extender. So a neighbor could easily leech off the $250 I spent, plus the monthly internet connect I pay for and utilize my internet connection to conduct their searches that may or may not question legal complications?

Serisouly Verizon, a whitelist option should be top priority for this. The unit says ‘open mode’ put it in a closed state for better security. 

jkxs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got my network extender yesterday and found this thread after googling the transmit power option. I think it is hilarious that there is no whitelisting option. In my case, I live in a single house so there is very little chance people walking on the road will connect (I just tested the range and it ends at my driveway). My current transmit power is at 20%. 

0 Likes