Samsung LTE Network Extender and Hotspot
dcanderson2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Samsung LTE Extender and a MiFi 8800L hotspot. Why does it connect to the network extender? It even says Network Extender. I understand that it is broadcasting an LTE signal however this is for HD voice on phones not for hotspot use. I guess the only solution would be for Verizon to provide the capability to blacklist a device?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung LTE Network Extender and Hotspot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dcanderson2, it seems that our assistance may be needed here. We've read your concerns and we couldn't agree more. There should be a blacklist option for the device however one question that we did have was, in way what is it interfering with the other device? Is it making the MiFi connection unusable? TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
dcanderson2
Enthusiast - Level 2

The device work fine with it but the main issue is I'm trying to use data just from my Verizon bucket and not from my internet provider as it has a data cap.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly understand your concern about not wanting to go over your data cap, dcanderson2. I'm not sure that we fully understand. Are you trying to avoid using your home internet connection but rather trying to use service from the Jetpack to support the extender? RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
dcanderson2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, my home internet has a low cap and I'm trying to use my hotspot with it connecting to a cell tower not network extender. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support @ryanm_vzw wrote:

.... Are you trying to avoid using your home internet connection but rather trying to use service from the Jetpack to support the extender? RyanM_VZW

It sounds to me like @dcanderson2  wants the extender to have nothing to do with his Jetpack and vice versa.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
dcanderson2
Enthusiast - Level 2

@jav6 You are correct. I only want the Network extender to be active for phones not hotspots. While I have poor signal at my house I can place a hotspot in my kitchen and the signal it recieves from the cell tower is decent. But while the network extender is turned on everything connects to it. Phones should be the only devices that connect to the network extender. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dcanderson2, the clarification is appreciated. At this time there isn't a blacklist feature to block the network extender from connecting to the jetpack.

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
dcanderson2
Enthusiast - Level 2

What does it take or who do I need to speak to for this feature to be considered?

0 Likes