Samsung 4G Extender 2 Problems
SCOWAR62
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anybody have a Samsung 4G extender and happy with it?  Just currious.  I spent hours today, some with a very helpful customer support person, but we couldn't get it to work so in the end I have to send it back.  What a waist of my time.  I can't find anywhere online, here or elsewhere, a post where someone says there happy with this Samsung 4G extender.  My Samsung 3G extender worked pretty well/OK, but because the 3G extender isn't compatible with my new iphone XR LTE phone so I have to change my settings every time I leave the house and also when I return.  Not convienient.  Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung 4G Extender 2 Problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SCOWAR62, when using a 4G Network Extender, this is meant to help boost the service for your home services by connecting via a Wi-Fi connection. What is the type of internest service you have? JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
SCOWAR62
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Charter/Specturm via cable, here in Glendale, CA.  I am told by them I have the fastest speed available for residential customers.  I am also told by modem and router are "up to date" and the latest available.  Internet speed and connectivity not spectacular, but pretty good.  BTW - The 3G Samsung Extender I reconnected has and does work well, but I have to change my iphone XR LTE setting everytime I leave or return to the house.  Really frustrating when I forget.  Got the "new" 4G extemder just to avoid that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate those details. Yes, with the iPhone Xr you would have to manually change the setting when entering and leaving your home with 3G Network Extender. To clarify, are you saying that you already have a 4G Network Extender and having difficulties getting it connected? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
SCOWAR62
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes - I ordered the new 4G Samsung extender, recieved it within 24 hours (Sat. - that was pretty cool) and tried to install it yesteday.  Spend hours watching it hang up on step "11b of 14."  Per instruction manual called and spoke to a VERY nice and helpful cust serv. rep. about 4 times (she was good enough to call back to check in), but we never got past 11b which she said was some kind of "software update."  Hit the reset button, changed the router port, blah blah blah.  She said she could see that my 4G exdevice was communicating with Verizon. Per her instructions I am sending it back today.

0 Likes
SCOWAR62
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fixed some typos -

Yes - I ordered the new 4G Samsung extender, recieved it within 24 hours (Sat. - that was pretty cool) and tried to install it yesteday.  Spent hours watching it hang up on step "11b of 14."  Per instruction manual called and spoke to a VERY nice and helpful cust serv. rep. about 4 times (she was good enough to call back to check in), but we never got past 11b which she said was some kind of "software update."  Hit the reset button, changed the router port, blah blah blah.  She said she could see that my 4G extender device was communicating with Verizon. Per her instructions I am sending it back today.

0 Likes
angrywiener
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am in west hollywood and have had an identical experience.  I have just set up a replacement extender and it also (after 1.5 hours) is stuck on 11b. Verizon rep claimed they are upgrading to 5g in los angeles and must manage (throttle) the signals from existing towers to upgrade.  Mahaps they should boost signals instead of making us rely on these worthless bandaids.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

From the User Guide, failure at 11b of 14 indicates a problem communicating with the "Serving management server for downloading software and configuration parameter".  Have you tried pinging the IP addresses of the SeGW (listed in the UG)?  Is it possible there is a firewall/router access list blocking the addresses or ports needed?

4G Net Extender 2 11b failure.jpg 
Also, I had saved these comments from a previous post regarding 4G Net Extender issues.  Not sure if it is related, but certainly could be.4G Net Extender issues.jpg
...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
SCOWAR62
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks jav6 - I'll dig in to this when I get my replacement 4G extender!

0 Likes