Re: S7 Not Connecting to Network Extender
jav6
Champion - Level 3

One more question: what is your zip code?  There was a recent post, https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1629071?sr=search&searchId=1e138048-0154-4950-b669-b10... , regarding counties around the country that did not allow Verizon extender service.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
BrendaAngie

One more thing to rule out, no counties in my state are on the list.

0 Likes
BrendaAngie

Looking in to the Comcast/ Gateway issue, I found this: How to Configure Routers for Network Extender | Verizon Wireless  I made the changes, and so far - nothing.  Still not connecting to the Network Extender.

0 Likes
ELDRAGUN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you tried to see what Band Freq is around your house? and what your Extender is on?

If your extender is set to a lower Freq then the phone will not automatically switch over.

0 Likes
BrendaAngie

I can log in to the Extender and look at settings, but there is nothing that shows options for changing frequencies. 

0 Likes
BrendaAngie

I checked the signal to the Extender, and noticed only two satellites were strong and 6 were fair.  I moved the antenna to a window, now have 7 strong and 3 fair, restarted the Extender.  No change.

The signal on the both phones shows strong, but as soon as I place a call, the signal drops to two weak bars.   I end the call, and the signal returns to showing 5 bars.

0 Likes
ELDRAGUN
Enthusiast - Level 2

The BAND freq is not something we can change, Verizon has to do it.

What you need to do is , do a field test on your phone (google how to do it)

and find out what your Band Freq is when your connected to the extended , then unplug your extender and do the field test again and see what you get from the nearest tower.

0 Likes
ryanm_vzw
Verizon Employee

It's vital that you get full use of that network extender, BrendaAngie. I'm happy to assist. Since we'll need some more information, I've sent you a private message which you can check here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

Ryan_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BrendaAngie

Trying to find how to do the field test was just a lot of codes for a service mode where none of the codes worked.

In the phone menu, my SIM Card Data has some information:

While the extender is on: 5 bars

Signal Strength:   -50 dBm 90 asu

When the extender is off: 1-2 bars

Signal Strength:  -114 dBm 24 asu

The icon showing my phone signal when the extender is on shows 5 bars, when a call dials/connects, it immediately drops to 1-2 bars. No change.

0 Likes
ELDRAGUN
Enthusiast - Level 2

From Field test Main Menu you go to LTE....... then Serving Cell info...... and its freq_band_ind .....

its gonna be either 13, 4 or 66

0 Likes