Re: Recurrent MME Communication Error on Extender
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Again, please confirm which model Network Extender and software version you are having issues with.  It would help anybody troubleshooting this issue.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
GEEKYMEDIC

Well I hear nothing since it is not working. LOL.

0 Likes
GEEKYMEDIC

Model SLS-BU10B

0 Likes
GEEKYMEDIC

So, the extender is back with service. Now nothing will connect to it.

0 Likes
GEEKYMEDIC

Software version:

0 Likes
Mikey72
Enthusiast - Level 2

My model is the Sansung 4G LTE NETWORK EXTENDER.  Model SLS-BU103

0 Likes
CHRHOG5

You're not the only one having problems.  I spent 2 hours on the phone with Verizon trying to troubleshoot my network extender.  The problem started happening about 2 weeks ago when the firmware updated.  It wiped out my password and settings on the webpage.

I have done a Factory Reset on my device several times but to no avail.  My extender is not transmitting or receiving anything wireless.  All other functions on the webpage seem to be working fine. (GPS, administrative functions)

My model:  SLS-BU103

Firmware Version:  3.1.1.00

They did tell me that since my unit is 18 months old, it is out of warranty.  Therefore, they will not be able to do anything....even though they caused the problem with their firmware update.

0 Likes
GEEKYMEDIC

vzw_customer_support The extender shows it is working after several hours. Now none of our 4 phones in the home will connect to it. Please help!!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

There may be a network issue where the Verizon Wireless internet gateway server the extender connects to is having some issue.  There might have been a server software update that caused the problem or a server reboot may have lost/corrupted a database it needs to authenticate devices.  VZW Technical Support will have to chime in here.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
GEEKYMEDIC

That is interesting. But why will it show up as connected through the internet interface yet won't connect devices? We have hard rebooted devices, turned everything off and synchronized booted. Nothing seems to allow 4g phones to connect.

0 Likes