Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,829 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Re: Recurrent MME Communication Error on Extender
ASKCHARLIE
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate the help, but either there's a misunderstanding or you didn't read my message or we are going through canned scripted responses.  I'm not sure how you can ask me a question like does it have power.  I already stated that it's giving me the "Out of service: MME Communication Error" on the unit, how can I get that if it doesn't have power?  Of course it has power. Let's have some level of common sense discussion here please.

There is only 1 light, a blinking blue one, and the 2 line status screen.

No.  No devices show connected.

Here is the admin screen.  If you're not familiar with this device or the Verizon backend service it's trying to connect to, can you please escalate to someone else that is.

VNE-Fail1.png

charlie

PETELS26

Hello Lauren_VZW,

Thank you for the details.  The software version I see is:

Yes, I unplugged the Network Extender completely.  For right now, it's still working just fine.  I'm assuming the firmware version I have is updated and may have corrected the problem for me. 

0 Likes
Tezowar

Here's the deal.  After much work.  Verizon is changing the port settings.  Started in April.  Look at links.  See if helps. 

Unblock Ports / IP Addresses - 4G LTE Network Extender | Verizon Wireless

How to Configure Routers for Network Extender | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
ANTPED86

Hi George (VZ_support),

Can I get an update to this support request please.

Did you escalated this case with Samsung? What is the resolution plan / timeframe? As discussed, can they revert to the previous firmware build which functioned for over a year?

It would be nice, if someone (if not you) took ownership of this support thread, confirmed the models affected, confirmed the support case is active and the estimated time frame for a solution (with updates). The comments from your peers are embarrassing when they chime in on page 8 with stock replies that show they haven’t even read the existing posts.

If Samsung/Verizon cannot get a fix to the afflicted products within a reasonable timeframe (it's already been months), maybe you should offer a FOC replacement to impacted customers. After all, the purpose of the extender is to enable existing/paying Verizon customers to access your network and use the phones/contracts they are already paying for.

Regards, Anthony

0 Likes
Tezowar

AGREED!  I AM ABOUT TO RETURN MY SECOND EXTENDER SINCE I HAVE REPETITIVE "NOT IN SERVICE - MME COMMUNICATION ERROR."  I AM ALSO CONSIDERING DROPPING VERIZON SINCE IT DOES NOT WORK IN MY HOME.  I HAVE BEEN WITH VERIZON FOR 15 YEARS, SO THIS IS A SHAME.    

0 Likes
georges_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hello, ANTPED86.

I appreciate your patience and the patience of all in this thread. I won't give empty hope or promises. Samsung is working on this issue as it's related to the software within the extender. This is the reason offering a replacement unit would not be the correct next step, as we have no guarantee that replacement would have an "older" version of software on it. As I mentioned in my direct reply to you, we do not have a confirmed date on release of a software fix for this issue. We are continuing to escalate examples as they come in from customers. While I understand this is not the news we're all hoping for, I wanted to be sure I replied in this thread as I'd promised, and not just to you directly. Thank you again for all your help and detailed research you provided to me.

Respectfully,

George

0 Likes
FBOL

I'm having the same issue with the Samsung Network Extender 2.

0 Likes
FBOL

Firmware Version 3.1.5.01

0 Likes
JJ358MHZ

I am also having this problem

Software Version :3.1.5.01
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JJ358MHZ, we want to get this situation addressed as soon as possible. Have you tried resetting the device?

Please use the following instructions to reset the device:

1. The factory reset button is in a small hole located on the connection side of the network extender.
  2. Insert one end of an unfolded paperclip into the factory reset hole then press the paperclip on the button and hold for at least 10 seconds.
    (The device must be connected to power for the reset to complete.)

Please let us know the result, after the reset is complete.

0 Likes