Re: Recurrent MME Communication Error on Extender
allewisco1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issues as everyone else .  I have the Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender 2 (SLS-BU10B).  I started using it in June and it has worked flawlessly until today.  I got the MME Communication Failure this morning and have tried every tip posted here.  When I reset it, it will work for between 2 and 20 minutes and then I get the same error.  I discontinued my landline and count on this device for my home phone service so I'm not very happy at this point.  I doesn't look like there are any right answers here.

Had to re-start it once or twice a day.  What worked for me is going into my router configuration.  I went into the DMZ section and added the network extender IP address under IPv4 .Two days now and no interruptions

arosenberg

Very dissapointing reading all the same info about MME communication error. I also am having the same problem with my samsung verizon extender. It is a recent model from just a couple months ago and has started daily giving me the MME communication error. I have also done the factory reset, unplugging the device, etc. Have to to it on a daily basis. I hope verizon can work this out. It seems ridiculouse verizon keeps giving the same 2 or 3  responses for fixing the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want your Network Extender to work for you, arosenberg. We are here for you. 

Have you tried what the previous customer tried with their router to get that error to stop? Here is a link to help you access the DMZ portion of your router if your brand is listed with us https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-extender-router-configuration/  

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
MEKRN

The link you posted to address the network extender issue reads, "Oops, we can't find that page".  This is ridiculous!!!!

0 Likes
RyanThaDude1

Add me to this list as well. I've been having this problem constantly for the past few months. Judging by this thread it's been an ongoing issue for nearly a year without resolution? Not only are we paying significant amount of money for Verizon service, we also had to purchase the Samsung LTE Extender as well, replacing our already purchased Samsung CDMA Extender because Verizon won't add service in our area, and it's really going to terrible when CDMA is turned off!

When I first started having this issue I thought possibly the GPS cable and antenna were bad so I purchased brand new cable and antenna. Antenna has full clear view of the sky, so GPS signal shouldn't be an issue. Factory resets, Home router firmware updates, network diagnostics checking for possible blocked ports or IPs. 150/15 mbps cable internet with no issues with latency. 

Please, fix this! 

Software Version : 3.1.1.00

0 Likes
RyanThaDude1

I noticed a few posts back that the MTU values were wrong and indeed mine were as well. Changed from 1450 to 1500. Let's see if this fixes my issue, too!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to see that the link provided was not working! Please try this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-extender-router-configuration/ . Let us know if this helps. 

TabithaJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Farshman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has this issue been resolved, I am having the same exact problem with the same model requiring a reboot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to see that you are experiencing the same issue with your network extender. To be sure we are on the same page, tell us more. When did you notice this issue with the extender? Did anything change with the network extender or the home internet service before the problem?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
PA_Train_Guy

Add me to this list! We discovered that our Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender wasn't working a few days ago. I have read through all of the problems reports, complaints, and repair suggestions in this thread. We have tried everything, to no avail. I spent over 1/2 hour on the phone with Verizon "support", three different agents. We are waiting a call back. It is disgusting that this problem has been occurring for over a year and Verizon has not addressed it. In addition, we have lived in this location for over 9 years with poor Verizon coverage. We are on our second extender, the first one being a 3G model. In that time Verizon has not built out their tower coverage in our area, in spite of a local building boom, so that we could get decent coverage without an extender. I guess it's time to go proovider shopping again...

0 Likes