Re: Recurrent MME Communication Error on Extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get the solution as quickly as possible, ANTPED86. I know how the network extender helped me and how valuable it was. I’ll do all I can to get more information. I’ve sent you a Direct Message so we can work on this further.

George_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tezowar

I have the same issue with no serve due to MME Communication Error.  After startup, I get about 30 seconds of it working properly, then get the MME error message.  I added the extender's IP address to the DMZ on my router settings, etc.  I have called customer support 5 times with no solution.  Need some guidance here as I hope will be an easy fix.   

0 Likes
PETELS26

I'm a brand new Verizon customer for the past month.  For years I've had AT&T and the Microcell which was mediocre at best.  I could hear them but they couldn't hear me.  I thought this was just the norm.  When AT&T decided to raise their rates I decided to try Verizon and did research on the Extender.  Everything I read, said it was superior to the Microcell so I bought one.

I was definitely impressed with it for about the first 2 weeks and then it started to fail on a daily basis with the MME Communication error.  The only solution was to power it off and on again.  I'm now doing that 3 to 5 times per day and that's just ridiculous.  Resetting to an earlier firmware is not an option since I appear to have the same firmware that is causing this issue.   I concur with JCap334 and everyone else here, this is a problem at Verizon and needs to be fixed.  If not, I will have no choice but to cancel and move back to AT&T.  They may have higher prices, but the equipment did NOT need to be rebooted 3 to 5 times per day to make it useful.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PETELS26,

We are here to work together to come to a resolution, and we certainly don't want to see you move back to a carrier you were unsatisfied with. Can you provide the exact model number you are experiencing problems with? Did you notice if a software update came through during the first 2 weeks of your usage?

Colin_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly understand the importance of having the network extender work as it should without having it give an error message. I am happy to assist. I would like to take a deeper into some details on your account. I have sent you a Private Message so we can move forward.

Greg_VZW

0 Likes
ASKCHARLIE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add me to the me too chain.  My Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender (model: SLS-BU103 :: manuf. 3/2017 :: current software ver. 3.1.1.00) was working fine for a little over a year and now it's dead with the same "Out Of Service:  MME Communication Error" everyone else is getting.  Unplugging and plugging the power back in changes nothing, not even temporarily.

It's ridiculous that we have to pay out of our own pockets to buy the Network Extender that is forced by Verizon to only operate in open mode, making us provide better coverage for other Verizon customers solely for Verizon's benefit and use our own bandwidth we pay for.  But even with that concession, now I'm out $271 for a black plastic brick which and now all of my Verizon devices have gone back to being almost useless at home.

Is there a solution this? 

0 Likes
PETELS26

Hi Colin_VZW,

Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender 2

Model Number: SLS-BU10B

Date of Manufacturing: 03-2018

I can't tell if a firmware updated happened or not.  I'm not even sure where to get that information from.

However, something may have been repaired because for the past 3 days, I have not had any problems.

Was a new firmware version released? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Santo_VZW
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ASKCHARLIE, It is important to have a reliable signal when you are in your home, and the major concern if your network extender is not working properly. I spend the majority of my time at home or at work, so I get needing it to work for you. We will get to the bottom of this for you, and find a resolution. Does your Network Extender have power? What color are the light indicators? Do your devices show that they are connected?

Santo_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the update, PETELS26.  Is your Network Extender still working well for you? I apologize, manufacturers do not notify us of accessory software updates. What do you see for your current software version on your home page on the admin website: https://vz.to/2KIW3Lw ? You mentioned that you have restarted your device. Have you had a chance to fully unplug your Network Extender?

Lauren_VZW

0 Likes