Re: Recurrent MME Communication Error on Extender
jav6
Champion - Level 3

The extender may be talking to the gateway server, but not enough for the server to complete the authentication needed for phones to use the extender.  The extenders' MAC ID has to be registered in a database which associates it to a specific customer account.  If the database the gateway server uses is corrupted, it may not be able to associate the extender to a valid account and thereby denies service to phones.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important we get to the bottom of this so you can rely on your device, KRIONA93. Since you have powered the device off and back on, have you been able to use your phone without any issue? What happens when using your phone? You can learn more about known errors on your device here, http://spr.ly/6581DdCMv.

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JCap334
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's an endless cycle of useless help from support on this forum. Power cycling is the only thing that TEMPORARILY fixes the issue.

Verizon needs to either fix something on their back end or give us a fully tested and reliable firmware update on our network extenders. The issue is still occuring with both of our extenders at my place of work.

It is obvious that this is a widespread issue otherwise I'd be the only person posting here.

To Verizon Support, please stop giving us childish troubleshooting steps such as factory resetting or turning the device off and on. We have already tried that and it has not changed anything. It would be nice if somebody from a higher level of support posted something constructive here. The issue is so easy to reproduce, it's not even funny.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ImagoAssoc, that is very concerning that you are having issues with your extender. I understand how important it is for this device to work for you. Let's dig deeper to see whats going on. What make and model extender are you having issues with? Since factory resetting that device how is it working

JustinB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GEEKYMEDIC-

Our goal is for your Network Extender to work at all times. When was the last time it worked for you? Can you share a picture of the LED lights to further look into your connection status? I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing the Model with us Mikey72. Let's get you connected quickly. This link provides the steps you need to troubleshoot the extender:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender/troubleshooting/. Please click the "troubleshooting Assistant". Please share your reults with us here. BobbyN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mikey72
Enthusiast - Level 2

This link was not helpful.  There were no "Steps" to troubleshoot.  The troubleshooting assistant just asked me to search on my issue, and "Out of Service" or MME returned no results.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that we get the problem resolved for you and I apologize that you were unable to navigate through the link we sent you. I clicked on it myself to make sure that it was working and found the troubleshooting steps for the out of service error. How did you go about searching for it? 

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes
JCap334
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Verizon support,

instead of sending us the same canned responses, can we please get some insight into whether this issue is being worked on? Today I had to disconnect our 2 extenders at work because they keep crashing every day.

There is no troubleshooting to do on our parts, this issue is on YOUR END. Please have somebody who isn't copying and pasting please give us some insight on how the company is looking to fixing this issue.

0 Likes
ImagoAssoc

Since I first reported this issue on May 6th it has continued. Once or twice a day I have to reboot my Extender. It can stay connected for a day or for 5 minutes. Most recently I lost it twice in a call. Please help

0 Likes