Re: Recurrent MME Communication Error on Extender
JCap334
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know what you mean. At least we are not alone with this issue and calling its attention to Verizon. It's bad enough that Verizon's "Superior" network is spotty with indoor coverage in many locations, but it's a huge slap in the face when now we can't even rely on the network extenders.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jav6, we want to make sure this MME Failure message issue is resolved ASAP.  This problem has been escalated to our next level of tech support for a general resolution.  We are assisting customers on the individual level as well.  Are you currently experiencing this issue as well?  We are here for you to help.  Thank you for your patience.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

No, I am not experiencing this issue as I have a different network extender model and it is working fine.  I just wanted to see if this could get escalated as has apparently been done.  We'll see if any resolution comes from it.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Mikey72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue.  After months of excellent, flawless performance with my range extender, I am back to people periodically complaining about the quality of my audio connection, only to discover my range extender is out of service with this same MME Communication Error and I am back on a weak connection to the cell tower.  Rebooting fixes it for a while.  But it is ANNOYING, after coming to depend on an excellent connection, to stop trusting it.  What did Verizon do to mess this up?  How do I fix it? 

[removed]

Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mikey72,

Having a working network extender is essential in order to get the coverage you need indoors. I am concerned to learn you are experiencing reoccurring issues with your network extender. I am happy to assist and am truly sorry you have been dealing with this issue.  

I need to gather a few details to pinpoint the problem. Which model network extender do you have? When did the trouble start? Have you recently update the firmware for the extender?

GinaU_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GEEKYMEDIC

I woke up this morning and am now having the same issue. I have power cycled 5 times and reset to factory without any change. Can you add me to the list of customers that need assistance? Of course you can't call me right now as my extender is down. One odd thing, it is showing the date on all my phones as 5/8 at 0300 in morning.

Thank you,

Chris

0 Likes
KRIONA93

Verizon,

I have the same issue occurring.  Model SLS-BU103.  I have unplugged the power multiple times, confirmed that the internet connection is present and have done a factory reset.  None have resolved the issue and I still have the MME communication error on the display screen of the extender.  I have confirmed that my wireless device is set to be connected to the extender as well.  I need this fixed ASAP.   Please help!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

GEEKYMEDIC There are different models of Network Extenders.  You need to identify which model you are having issues with and what software version it is running.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's crucial that we get you back up and running again ASAP, GEEKYMEDIC. What do you hear when you call #48 from a phone in the house that is supposed to be connected to the network extender? What model of network extender do you have?

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
ImagoAssoc

I have had this issue as well over the last 6 weeks or so. Have had to reboot twice weekly and today had to return to the factory setting as advised below, 3 times, before it would connect. This is not normal. My extender has worked without fault until recently. Whats up with this? Very difficult to run a business.

0 Likes