Re: Please open the 4G LTE Network Extenders to allow 'Preferred Access'
PeteBoston
Contributor - Level 1

I'll add myself to this thread as well.  I am frequently bumped off my own Network Extender since there is no whitelist or priority/preferred Phone list.  There is nothing I can do to stop the neighbors from bumping me off my own Network Extender, rendering it useless except lower the power to the point where it doesn't even work throughout my house anymore. Opened up a case with VZW on the topic, but didn't go anywhere.

harphaulingdad
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. This capability is needed as soon as possible.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand it's important to be able to have the whitelist functionality on your 4G Network Extender in order to make sure you get preferred access, harphaulingdad. We have lifted this issue up to Samsung and advised that the whitelist feature is needed for the new version of this accessory.

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ceakins
Enthusiast - Level 2

You need to do better than this, before I decide to take legal action. You advertise my area as a good coverage area, then tell me on the phone it's marginal. I barely get one bar outside in the open. So you send me this network extender. I get bumped off of it all the time, I've tweeted you screenshots of the extender showing multiple people connected to it. I'm not sure what else to do beside file a lawsuit, and find a different service provider.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ceakins, we can understand you wanting to have the best service available in your home area.  We are here to provide support and want to keep you as a customer.  We will be happy to take a closer look at this problem for you.  I am sending you a private email so that we can provide some personal support.

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ceakins
Enthusiast - Level 2

You've been "taking a look" at the problem for years now, and tell me the area is marginal. I live right next to a major industrial area, an airport, and boeing.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ceakins,

I can certainly understand you frustration. Have you looked into getting a Network Extender? We can also help you get one as well, if you are interested.

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

ceakins
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you even bother to read what I said? I already have a 4G network extender, it doesn't allow me to set who can access it, so basically you are gettting a free cell site using my internet. I'm going to sue you over it. Do you understand that?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ceakins,

When you have a 4G Network Extender, you can only connect to it, if you are within the 50 foot range. The 4G Network Extender only has a capacity for up to seven active devices.

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ceakins
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in apartment, I have been kicked off my own extender, Im not sure why you don't understand that. There is no way to whitelist phones currently. I'm done with this pointless conversation. Expect an FCC complaint, as well as one to my attorney general.