No reception
nickysduck2

I just switched to Verizon from AT&T  because all of a sudden I started losing reception and had no service most of the time at my home. This problem started when a double wide trailer was put in next door to me 2 months ago. I had great service before then. I thought that since Verizon is the number 1 rated network it would fix my problems but after activating my service yesterday I am in the exact same boat with no improvement in service at all.  Had I known this I would have stayed with AT&T. I can not afford to buy a cellphone signal booster and can't afford to move. Does Verizon offer any kind of booster free to new customers? Im so disappointed. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It breaks our heart to read about these signal issues! We'd love to help you review this situation and find the best alternative solution for you. In-building signal penetration is always a challenge for all companies, and this can be due to many factors such as the one that you mentioned. To better assist you today, we'd like to ask some questions. How does the service work in other areas? Do you have access to Wi-Fi at home?

AbrahamS_VZW

0 Likes
nickysduck2

I have Hugesnet satelite internet. I have 2 lines of service and neither of the phones are wifi call enabled so using wifi calling is not possible for us. We both have Moto G series phones. Mine is a G5s Plus and husband has a Moto G6

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@nickysduck2 wrote:

I have Hugesnet satelite internet. I have 2 lines of service and neither of the phones are wifi call enabled so using wifi calling is not possible for us. We both have Moto G series phones. Mine is a G5s Plus and husband has a Moto G6

The one thing they offer is network extendeder which is not free and useless since you are on satellite. Seems like your issue is that you live in the boonies. It seems like you're blaming Verizon. It's not Verizon's fault you live where you live. Possibly Verizon and at&t are usign the same tower in your area.

0 Likes
nickysduck2

I actually don't live far enough out in the boonies for my liking. My neighborhood is quite populated but my house is on a side road only feet from good internet acesss so while everyone around me has access to broadband internet through verizon and other networks I do not. It's sad a few feet keeps me from decent internet but hughesnet has not been bad. I never blamed Verizon for my reception problem, only stated my disappointment that I had hoped it would fix my issues and did'nt. If I blame anybody I blame the neighbors who put a double wide trailer in next to me and are blocking my service. It was only then that I ever had an issue. I have lived at my home for over 20 years and NEVER had reception problems until they came along. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry that this has been the case for you. I would be concerned if I were unable to get service in my home due to a trailer blocking my services. With regard to the service concerns, we do offer the network extender as an option to purchase. We understand that cost is a concern for you and we want to make sure you are provided with every possible option. Besides the one that we offer you can search online for a network booster that is around your budget that may also work for you. JasperM_VZW

0 Likes