New S7 and network extender
jrmathis
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there any way to get my new S7 to work with my network extender without turning off Advanced Calling?  Or is it unnecessary, since now Advanced Calling will use my WiFi.  My house gets 1 bar on a good day, just enough to establish a call, then it drops.  With the network extender, as recommended by Verizon, no issues.  But if my new S7 can't connect to the network extender, will it switch to WiFi via Advanced calling rather than drop, or am I going to have to turn off advanced calling at my home, and try and remember to turn it on when I need it?? 

Not cool thus far Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New S7 and network extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There is no need for you to connect your S7 to your network extender. The S7 is Wi-Fi calling enabled. You would be better off removing your S7 from the whitelist and using Wi-Fi calling instead. You can learn how to activate Wi-Fi calling here: http://vz.to/1XpgFc2.
NoahS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There is no need for you to connect your S7 to your network extender. The S7 is Wi-Fi calling enabled. You would be better off removing your S7 from the whitelist and using Wi-Fi calling instead. You can learn how to activate Wi-Fi calling here: http://vz.to/1XpgFc2.
NoahS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jrmathis
Enthusiast - Level 3

So the answer is, if I turn on WiFi calling, my phone will use that.  Again, my scenario is this...I have just enough of a signal to make a call, connect, and then usually drop.  In this scenario, setting my phone to use WiFi is the better option than turning off advanced calling, and using my network extender.  I will do as you suggest and turn on WiFi and find out for myself.

0 Likes
jrmathis
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I had WiFi calling on all this time, but had turned off HD calling.  Not sure if WiFi was actually working.  The phone had not grayed out that option.  It was clearly connecting to and using the network extender with the HD calling option off, and WiFi option on.

I have turned HD calling back on, and the phone is saying it is connected to the extender when it cannot detect the very poor 4G LTE signal, but as soon as the phone detects the 4G signal, it drops the extender and, I guess, grabs the 4G.  Until that signal (the 4G) drops, then it goes back to the extender.  I have yet to have an extended phone call in that situation, but will update this thread.  I will leave the HD calling option on, and the WiFi calling option on, and see what the performance with a call, or several calls, is like.

0 Likes
Networkextender

I have terrible signal in my house in town and have been using a network extender for years.  My call breakup and drop while I am in my house. WiFi calling may be built into my new S7, but I only want to use it at my house.  That is why I have a network extender in my house.  I connect to multiple WiFi at different locations thru out the day because I do not have unlimited data.  The setup requires that a address be enter for 911 calls.  Do you have to enter a address for every network.  If not how does 911 find me if I am another location and I call them.  So how do I get my network extender to work with my S7 at home.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Networkextender, we definitely want to ensure that you are able to get the most out of your phone, at every location. I know I would want to ensure my phone was working at its best too. With your scenario, if you are looking to just use the network extender, you will want to turn Advanced Calling while at home. If you have HD voice enabled, your phone will not connect to the extender.

Regarding entering an address while using WiFi calling; you must enter in the present address where you are connected to. If the address is not updated, law enforcement/emergency vehicles will go to the saved address on file. (That may potentially not be the address where you are in need of asistance.)

NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes