Network Extender
dbosteels1

I have a Network Extender - Model SCS-2u3100.  The extender was working fine and now the SYS light is fast blinking red and the GPS light is solid magenta.   What can I do to fix this issue? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I depend on my extender to fully function too. Let's get this figured out. When did this problem start? Did any resent updated take place on your router? Please ensure that the GPS cable is properly connected. http://spr.ly/6582DUgRO. If connected properly please unplug the extender and plug it back in. The normal progression of LEDs and startup can take up to 1 hour.

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WILOVE54

Same problem here,  have reboot the extender, router, and all parts in between.  It has worked fine for years and now nothing.  It has been 4 days and still the sys light is flashing red

0 Likes
jerro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds like you have A 3G Extender???? Call and ask for the Network Tech Bureau the VZW Bots can't help much here.

BTW: The problem here is with 4G Extenders giving the Wrong Location to devices since they came out after every Samsung Update.  Its been months this time still not working correctly.

No VZW BOTS Please only member Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rebooting all those devices is a great start, WILOVE54. I know it would be difficult to be happy with anything that's not working, but we’ll get that sys light back to solid blue. Grabbing some pointers from here, an imprecise “abnormal condition” is what we’re working with:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-network-extender-led/

Are there any software updates available for your Internet Service Provider (ISP) Router? You’ll need to check with your internet provider to know for sure. When working with them, it may be necessary to enable ports 500, 4500, 53, and 52428 on the modem/router.

Let us know your results of these spot checks.

David_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WILOVE54

I have done all of that.  How do we get this back up and running now?  what si a number I can call to get a live resolution?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

An old 4G LTE Extender post recently updated, Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender  found that VPN Passthru->IPSEC was turned OFF in a router after an update, causing the extender to fail connectivity.  Can you check your router's configuration for its IPSEC setting?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting us know and working with us WILOVE54. There are several ways to contact us for a live resolution (https://goo.gl/Z7byyj).

jav6 really had a great suggestion, did you by any chance checked your router's configuration for its IPSEC setting?

Please check your Inbox for my Private Message WILOVE54.

Ryan_VZW

0 Likes