Network Extender 2 - No IP Address
mcelayeta

I have a network extender 2. It's been working fine and now today it won't obtain an IP address. I see in the router logs that is assigning an address, but the extender shows 0.0.0.0 as the IP address. I've tried rebooting and a factory reset, same results. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender 2 - No IP Address
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have your extender working at all times, we'll be glad to help out. Are you able to connect to your Wi-Fi network? Have you had any issues with your home router recently?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
jake220
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same problem today. My Network Extender is getting an address from the DHCP server, but shows 0.0.0.0 on the screen. Also does not connection.

Tried a factory reset but still got the same thing.

jake220
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever find an answer?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know that you depend on your connection, we want to be sure your extender is working for you. Are you able to connect to your Wi-Fi network? Is your home router working well for you otherwise?

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
stevenbeasty

any real answer on this, other than a reply that asks the same basic question again?  yes my router is working and i can connect to my wifi - not sure how that is relevant given that the extender connects to the router via a network cable.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@stevenbeasty wrote:

any real answer on this, other than a reply that asks the same basic question again?  yes my router is working and i can connect to my wifi - not sure how that is relevant given that the extender connects to the router via a network cable.

Did your Network Extender ever work?  Is your router set for IPv4 or IPv6?

4G Network Extender

Device State & Description
LCD Display
LCD Display Sub Steps
Action/Escalation

6. Acquire IP Address (IPv4)
Acquiring IP Address
The device is attempting to acquire a local IPv4 Address. If it fails it continues to retry and remains in this state.
Verify DHCP is enabled on the router.

Update the router to the most recent firmware version.

Refer to the router manufacturer for assistance with any settings/configuration changes.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
ConradZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same EXACT issue, tried the factory reset too.  I understand networking, I do this for a living, I know my network is functioning correctly. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ConradZ, we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far. Tell us which Network Extender are you using (1X, 3G, 4G)?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

ConradZ, we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far. Tell us which Network Extender are you using (1X, 3G, 4G)?

TrinetteW_VZW

@vzw_customer_support , @trinettew_vzw  Doesn't 'network extender 2' give you a clue?  Only the 4G extenders have that name.  I'm not sure even what a 1X network extender is.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes