Looking for a signal booster that will work with band 66
holiday_hawk

I've seen several singal boosters that work with various bands, but none that work with 66. I've also seen where people say that band 66 is essentially the new band 4, so any booster that works with b and 4 should work if your phone is on band 66. I wanted to check here and see if anyone has found a model that will work with band 66 for sure.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Looking for a signal booster that will work with band 66
boringusername
Master - Level 1

band 66 is just a slight extention of band 4. If booster is goign to boost band 4 it will boost band 66.

mama23dogs
Legend

Cell boosters are amplifying a frequency, not a “band”.   66 is a superset of band 4 using the same frequency.    Boosters sold for the US are usually universal and amplify all these frequencies:

• 700 MHz band (LTE band numbers 12, 13, and 17): Used by AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile for 4G LTE service only.
  • 850 MHz “Cellular Band” (LTE band 5): LTE band numbers used by AT&T and Verizon only
  • 1900 MHz “PCS Band” (LTE band 2): Used by all four major carriers for a mix of 2G, 3G, and 4G LTE service.
  • 2100 MHz “AWS Band” (LTE band 4): Used by T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon for 4G LTE service only.

Band 66 is using the same 2100 MHz frequency as band 4 and would be amplified.

holiday_hawk

Awesome, thank you!

0 Likes
ELDRAGUN
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Verizon LTE extender 2 will do Band 66, however Verizon refuses to turn it on because of an 

Obscure FCC rule, i've called dozens of times and open numerous tickets, but they will not turn it on as of right now

But Band 66 on your extender will make your newer iPhone auto-connect, rather then having to do it manually 

aragogando
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the concise explanation.  This post helped me determine the correct booster to purchase for my area. 

mama23dogs
Legend

@aragogando wrote:

Thanks for the concise explanation.  This post helped me determine the correct booster to purchase for my area. 

Feel free to share what you ought and from where.  I’m sure others will find it useful.

0 Likes
J-R-C
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue finding a band 66 solution,

And preferably band 66 and ONLY band 66 because I have absolutely no control over what band my Verizon devices choose to use other than controlling signal strength.

My phone keeps linking to over congested bands 13 and 5 .... but there's a band 66 site 30km away it sometimes links to and gets speeds exceeding 25 to 30mbps on the very weak link.

I think I actually need to *JAM   the other bands while boosting 66 with a high gain directional antenna.  (if jamming isn't possible, I certainly don't want to boost what I'm trying to avoid)

-J

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@J-R-C wrote:

And preferably band 66 and ONLY band 66 because I have absolutely no control over what band my Verizon devices choose to use other than controlling signal strength.

My phone keeps linking to over congested bands 13 and 5 .... but there's a band 66 site 30km away it sometimes links to and gets speeds exceeding 25 to 30mbps on the very weak link.

I think I actually need to *JAM   the other bands while boosting 66 with a high gain directional antenna.  (if jamming isn't possible, I certainly don't want to boost what I'm trying to avoid)

-J

Read the April 11 post.   You cannot do what you are asking.  

0 Likes
J-R-C
Enthusiast - Level 2

Boosters generally covering many bands does not mean they have to.

In fact, antennas and circuity that are designed for a single band rather than a wide one or multiband are not only more sensitive, but cost less than an undesired wide or multiband solution.

I'm not saying they're available, because the very reason I'm posting this is that I cannot find a suitable singleband device.

But, you're totally wrong that it's "impossible".  It's actually pretty simple, relative to a multiband unit.... and would work much better.

@mama23dogs wrote:

@J-R-C wrote:

-J

Read the April 11 post.   You cannot do what you are asking.  

0 Likes