How do I fix my network extender?
DKinzer

I recently purchased a Samsung network extender and have had it less than two weeks. The power went out today and when it came back, the sys and gas light stayed red, and the sys light is blinking rapidly. I tried unplugging for thirty seconds then plugging back in. This didn't work. I don't have the money for another one of these. Heck, I haven't even gotten the bill for this one yet! How can I fix this?

I need this drive to function for work reasons. Help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Network extender not functioning correctly.
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like the GPS hasn't locked on yet.  That can take up to 5 hours or longer.  Make sure you have it on the extension cable and the cable is connected to the extender and the GPS module is connected to the other end.  Until the GPS locks, the system and GPS will not turn blue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DKinzer

TThat's the sys and gps lights are red. Sorry for the typo.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Dkinzer,

Let's get your Samsung extender fixed up and processing calls again.  The good news is that the device is covered under a 1 year manufacturer's warranty as long as there's no physical or water damage present.

When resetting your extender it can take up to 45 minutes to initialize and begin functioning again.  How long did you wait before testing after unplugging? Is your internet working still after the power went out? Please share some more details. Thanks

TrevorC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like the GPS hasn't locked on yet.  That can take up to 5 hours or longer.  Make sure you have it on the extension cable and the cable is connected to the extender and the GPS module is connected to the other end.  Until the GPS locks, the system and GPS will not turn blue.

0 Likes