Re: How do I disconnect my phone from network extender?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

verizonuser37, 

I know how important it is to have a great connection to the network. I want to help in any way we can. Are you having issues with connecting to someone else's network extender? Are you having issues with service when you are not connected to a network extender? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
meberlein
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree completely, it's unnacceptable that Verizon allows corporations or residencies to create a poor performance on their network with extenders that don't have proper bandwidth while not allowing customers to use the verizon network that we pay for.

Wabarnwell
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the dumbest answer ever.  I have the same issue.  Except I'm in a groupping of office buildings.  I have no clue who has the extender let alone ammo going to drive over and ask them to remove me.  I can't fathom why Verizon created something you're FORCED to use even though it's killing my service. Nlaw suite for breach contract?  

polyscient
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is unacceptable! Verizon needs to give users the option of whether to connect to a network extender! I am currently in a hotel with slow WiFi that has a network extender on their slow WiFi! Therefore I don't even have the option to run my hotspot and get fast WiFi because my phone is slaved to the cruddy network extender! Unbelievable! Fix it Verizon!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

polyscient, you can disable your HD Voice feature to disconnect from a Network Extender. What kind of phone do you have? Let us know if that helps.  EricaG_VZW

0 Likes
efloyd79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem. I have a personal Verizon Iphone X,and in my office at work, I get around .48 mbs download speed. Yes, you read that right...  .48 mbs.

When I spoke to Facilities about it, they said that they had an extender installed years ago because folks were reporting signal problems in the building.

When the power goes off at work, and I assume the extender loses power, I get full LTE signal, with speeds north of 30 mbs.

So, obviously, there's a new tower now, BUT there is no way for me to specify to NOT connect to the extender.

Verizon MUST introduce a new configuration option that allows you to select whether or not you connect to an extender, similar to how you connect to Wifi networks. 

I can only imagine what types of problems this creates in high density areas, such as NYC and Boston. It would be simple for competitors to spin up extenders, and throttle the bandwidth.

Wabarnwell
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, the issue is Verizon forced my device to connect to a network extender near my job location and it prevents me from connecting to the internet.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Warbarnwell, thanks for reaching out to us and I apologize for this inconvenience. I know how important it is to have a working device; especially at work. Let's work together and get this issue resolved for you, the Network Extender does have an option to manage access of who connects to the device; however the owner of the Network Extender will have to configure this in the Network Extender access settings in My Verizon. I hope this information is helpful. TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
OtRe: How do I disconnect my phone from network extender?
Wabarnwell
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your copy and paste reply that others have used.  NO your notion to track down where or who has an extended in an area with over 40 different businesses is not an option.  THE issue is you force people to connect to an extended when in range and you/Android doesn't have a feature to turn this off manually.  I'm openly filing  a claim complaint with FCC and BBB for this issue