Extender working & connected, but bars on phone drop as soon as I try to make a call.
dekayem

My network extender is 'In Service', and connected to 9 satellites, or whatever. I've had this for well over a year, using the same cell phone, without any problems. Starting today, I have full bars, until I try to make a phone call. When phone tries to connect, bars drop to zero and no call can be placed. I have a Samsung S6. And no, I cannot call #48 to check because it won't connect the call.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Extender working & connected, but bars on phone drop as soon as I try to make a call.
dekayem

Wanted to add, I do have the extender icon showing on my phone.

0 Likes
Re: Extender working & connected, but bars on phone drop as soon as I try to make a call.
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@dekayem wrote:

Wanted to add, I do have the extender icon showing on my phone.

What model extender do you have?  What kind of internet service do you have that the extender is connected to?  If your phone shows connected to the extender but your dialing #48 fails to confirm the extender's connection to the VZW network thru the internet, then it appears the extender is not in communication to the VZW network server.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of staying connected, and we're here to offer support! To clarify, have you been able to complete any troubleshooting steps for you extender, such as rebooting your router? If so, did this have an impact on your extender functionality? MatthewI_VZW

0 Likes