Extender compatible with HughesNet?
JESKEE18
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have had a Verizon network extender for 3 years.  It worked GREAT with Exede satellite internet.  A few weeks ago Exede stopped working overall very well, so we chose to change to HughesNet satellite.  We plug in the extender, all blue lights come on, our Verizon phones get a good signal, internet and texting works great on our phones, but when we try to call out, it is very broken and robotic and people on the other end can't hear us very well.   I stopped in the Verizon store a couple days ago and he said that I needed to call HughesNet and have them open the ports so it would talk to the extender.  Then I called HughesNet and they said they need to ports on the Verizon extender open.  I found port codes online and called HughesNet back and they said they can't do anything with it.  Super frustrating with all the mixed information back and forth.  Is the network extender compatible with HughesNet?

Labels (1)
Re: Extender compatible with HughesNet?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

>Is the network extender compatible with HughesNet?

No.

See page 3 of the User Manual for the Network Extender:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/network_extender_user_manual.pdf

System Requirements

An always-on broadband Internet connection with a minimum speed

and available bandwidth of 1 MB (3.1 Mbps to support the maximum

EVDO data rate.)

Satellite, MiFi or wireless connections are not supported.

0 Likes
Re: Extender compatible with HughesNet?
ONELAKAJIN
Enthusiast - Level 1

We tried that Hughes net.  Oh gosh we couldn't get away from those people fast enough. Terrible service terrible techs. Just terrible all the way around.

0 Likes