(Blue) lights on, no one home
MARLAN69

My network extender worked great for years but now all the lights are blue but my iPhone 6 will not connect. I did the standard reboot of the modem/router/extender to no avail.  I swapped out the cable between the router and the extender and it worked for a very brief time (minutes).  I changed out the router as well.  No help.  I used the old cable on other devices and it works fine. Since it worked when I swapped out the cable, I'm guessing the fault lies in the connection to the device.  Since I've been using it for a few years, I thought i'd get a new one but Verizon does not have any, either the 3G or 4G, in stock.  Any ideas, folks?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: (Blue) lights on, no one home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MARLAN69-

I apologize about the link that was provided before. Thanks so much for your efforts and for the clarification. Since you have a 3G network extender, your advanced calling feature needs to be disabled. Can you please turn off advanced calling by selecting data only? Once you have selected data only, please try to dial #48. Do you hear that you are now connected to the network extender?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

By 'will not connect', do you mean you cannot make a call?  Does your phone see the wireless signal from the extender?  Are there any other phones you can try or have friends try?  Has your iPhone's OS upgraded recently?  Has anything changed with your internet service?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
MARLAN69

I mean that when I stand next to the device and dial #48 the message I get is that I am not connected and should get closer to the extender.  I don't have any other phones and nothing has changed with regard to the network or OS. It has not been dropped or knocked over.  If I had the right tool, I would take it apart and play with the port.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Is it possible there is an outside wireless signal that is now stronger than the extender's signal?  Are you able to make calls (seems so if you can dial #48)?

0 Likes
MARLAN69

Yes, but I still drop calls like I did before I got it.  I live back in the orange groves and, although there are sufficient call towers, I am surrounded by large trees.  A strong signal is 2-3 bars and only in some portions of the house.  I don't like wifi calling as the phone gets "confused" when going from a strong signal to a weak signal to no signal, as when I leave the house (house, outside, away). 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The network extender is a great device to help with signal in your home, MARLAN69. We appreciate all of your efforts thus far and definitely want to make sure the device is working as it should. Let's take a closer look into what's going on. Please check out our troubleshooting guide here, http://spr.ly/65838CgYh. What is the make and model of your network extender? Do you have advanced calling turned on? 

DanielleR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MARLAN69

Hi. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I disassembled the

apparatus and had to wait for it to come back online. It is a SCS-2U01. I

don't know what advanced calling is or how to turn it on or off. I

reviewing Jav6's responses, he might be on to something. I said I was

still dropping calls. That's not really the case. I do have a weak signal

and drop a few calls but the real problem I have is calls not connecting

requiring I redial. Does that mean anything to you?

I tried to reply to this via the forum so others might benefit but I kept

getting an error message that an error occurred and I should reload the

page. I did but it didn't help.

I sure appreciate Verizon's interest in my problem and look forward to

hearing from you shortly.

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 2:57 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MARLAN69, No problem, we're always here for you. Let's double check the Advanced Calling. Visit: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/hd-voice/ Do you have it turned on?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
MARLAN69

The link must be broken. “An unexpected error has occurred “ is what is displayed when I try to open it on my mobile device.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Accessing the link from the forum message from my Droid Turbo 2 phone worked fine.

0 Likes