Blinking red GPS and solid magenta system lights on Samsung extender
BENCAR68

Network extender has blinking GPS and solid magenta lights on Samsung extender.  The GPS has been blinking for a while.  Now the system light has gone solid magenta.  In searching online, there are many comments about blinking and solid red system lights but not much about a solid magenta light.  What does this mean and what do I do about it?

The extender was working fine until these lights started.  We haven't changed anything except our broadband provider which actually gives us much better service than we had before.

Our internet comes in through a dish on our roof if that makes any difference.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blinking red GPS and solid magenta system lights on Samsung extender
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Have you called Verizon Technical Support (800-922-0204 or *611) to report this? You might have them verify your MAC ID is activated properly and not hung up in some database. It might take 10-30 mins after activated properly for lights to start turning blue.  There may also be a software update being downloaded that takes time.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BENCAR68,

We understand how important your Network Extender can be to improving your service. Let's get some details. Can you explain the change to your internet service provider? Are you now using satelite internet service? What company did you change to?

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BENCAR68

We changed to Echo Broadband on Jan 31, 2017.  It is not satellite internet service.  I called the company and they said they would be happy to talk to Verizon and even do a 3-way call if that would help.

That being said maybe the following will help in this troubleshooting effort:

I own a Samsung Verizon Wireless Network Extender model #SCS-2U01 purchased through you that has worked well for us. A few months ago, the GPS light started flashing red. Now the System light is solid magenta.

I haven't changed the setup or settings. It plugs into an 8 port 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet Switch model #M108 which plugs into a Netgear Router model #R6900. I am using the extender's GPS external antenna.

I did some troubleshooting on my own. I have tried different cables, plugging the extender directly into the ethernet in our home and moving the GPS antenna. I have also powered the unit down several times, once I left it off for at least 30 minutes. None of these efforts made any difference.

As I have searched the internet, I didn't find reference to troubleshooting a “magenta” system light thus this query. I think either the firmware didn't update properly or something needs to be reset but I don't know how to deal with either one. Please advise as to how to proceed.

Thank you.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Again, Have you called Verizon Technical Support (800-922-0204 or *611) to report this? You might have them verify your MAC ID is activated properly and not hung up in some database. It might take 10-30 mins after activated properly for lights to start turning blue.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

The Network Extender is not supported for use with EVDO, satellite or wireless broadband service.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-extender-faqs/#item46

BENCAR68

I haven't as of yet.  My experience with their technical support is not good.  Additionally, I am waiting for their response to my answers to their questions on this community forum.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Since this is not technical support, only a community forum, you won't get a Verizon technical person that can look at or change the status of your extender's MAC ID.  It seems we get mostly generic answers from forum moderators here.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The rep responses you get are not from the "forum moderators". It is a group of the VZW customer service representatives that also work on the Facebook and Twitter pages. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BENCAR68

Thank you for all of your suggestions.  I realized I had the lights backwards.  The system lights are blinking fast red and have for a while.  The GPS light is solid magenta which just started.  In talking to Verizon we have determined that it will most likely need to be returned to Samsung.  There are no options for reset, etc. Verizon set me up with WiFi calling and so we will see how that goes.

Thanks again.

0 Likes