4G network extender stuck on step 8A of 14
MARVAN68
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've rebooted both the network extender and the router several times each. I've had verizon tech support and tech support for my router on conference call three times. They can't give me a reason why the network extender will never finish the initialization process. i would appreciate any hints from whomever might read this

Labels (1)
Re: 4G network extender stuck on step 8A of 14
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the extender with a postpaid or a prepaid account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MARVAN68
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pay through automatic debit on my credit card. I was on the phone with a verizon tech last night for almost two hours. She was doing a conference call with a spectrum tech (my cable tv provider) they were talking about a lot of techical stuff like IP addressed and unblocking ethernet ports. The problem still hasn't been resolved. I'd appreciate any guidance you can send my way.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MARKVAN68-

Getting your network extender to work properly is key. May I ask where do you see step 8A of 14? Is this the first time you're activating this network extender?

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MARVAN68
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, first time trying to activate the network extender. The step 8A of 14 shows up in the display window of the network extender.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

8a : "Acquiring the initial SeGW IP address"

Has the network extender MAC address been activated on the Verizon network?  That should have been done during a call to Verizon Support.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We thank you for clarifying, MARVAN68. Let's ensure everything was set up properly using the following video as your guide then test. What happens? http://spr.ly/6580DKs0n

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Stating you pay your plan with an automatic payment with your credit card tells us nothing about which VZW service plan you have.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
admanire
Enthusiast - Level 1

> Has the network extender MAC address been activated on the Verizon network? That should have been done during a call to Verizon Support.

This is exactly what I had to do. It seems like contacting support to register the MAC address should be documented in the setup and troubleshooting instructions.

0 Likes
pgreyVZW
Enthusiast - Level 3

@admanire wrote:

> Has the network extender MAC address been activated on the Verizon network? That should have been done during a call to Verizon Support.

This is exactly what I had to do. It seems like contacting support to register the MAC address should be documented in the setup and troubleshooting instructions.

@admanire Yeah, this is weird.

Tier3 support CANNOT figure out why my Femtocell (extender) will NOT register, no-way-no-how.

I've put the darn thing into a DMZ, opened ALL the requisite ports, tried about 27 different things, but it cannot get an ISAKMP (key exchange) and finish registration.

I am unable to use mobile service, at home, in a VERY urban area, we live about 1mi due-east of Microsoft main-campus, and I can get AT&T 250/75 or so, all-day-long, but I basically can't get ANY consistent Verizon signal, particualrly upstream, along the lines of 12/0.02-0.15, and sometimes just 12/0.00.  
No way to send texts, make calls nothing, NADA...
Apparently, too, now the Femtocells (extenders) are back-ordered for at least 12 days, maybe more, so clearly there's a "bigger picture issue" going on here...

Our "12 day forrray into Verizon" has been basically a nearly-non-service situation, since day1...

0 Likes