4G Network extender not working
HWYENGINR

My internet provider gave us a new Actiontec router and now my network extender will not work. It gives me a error of "set up failure step 11a of 14". 4 calls to Verizon support has gotten me nowhere. Any body else have this problem or know of a solution?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G Network extender not working
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Maybe the default security/firewall settings in the new router are blocking/affecting the ports needed to be open for access to the Verizon network. This article talks about this:  Unblock Ports / IP Addresses - Verizon Wireless Network Extender | Verizon Wireless .

Step 11a : "Connecting to Initial Management Server". 

I'm not sure what IP address this Initial Management Server is or which ports are being used for the connection.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
joeld_vzw
Verizon Employee

Being able to use your network extender is important. Lets look into this further. How long have you been having this issue? What zip code are you located in? Also can you tell us the steps you've already completed after calling in 4 times?

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Which model Actiontec router do you have?  We could look at the user/admin guide to see if there are firewall settings/configuration that may be coming into play.  Any chance you can share the config from the router?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes