4G Network Extender is NOT working with iPhone 7
JWLIONKING
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am experiencing that same behavior that Roadblocked is having in this thread: 4G Network Extender is NOT compatible with iPhone 7 - PLEASE HELP .

If I reset Network settings, the phone will reconnect to the 4G Network Extender.  If I attempt to make a call, it disconnects leaving me with no service.  It will not re-connect to the extender until I either reboot or reset Network settings.

The network extender that I am using is: Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender - Verizon Wireless .

The phone I am using is Apple iPhone 7 Plus 256GB.

I have HD Voice enabled on the account and the device via Settings>Cellular>Options>Enable LTE>Voice and Data.

Also, I have WiFi Calling active as well.

I can also confirm the extender is working correctly with other model of phones  such as Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Iphone 6 Plus, Iphone 6.

Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G Network Extender is NOT working with iPhone 7
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you had any improvement in your network extender? sounds like there was a firmware update

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JWLIONKING,

It disappoints me to hear about your experience with the Network Extender on the iPHone 7. I would be puzzled if other phones work but my phone on the Network Extender. Trying to determine the cause and comparison, what is the software version on the iPhone 6 devices?

RyanC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JWLIONKING
Enthusiast - Level 3

On an iPhone 6s Plus:

iOS version: 10.0.1 (14A403)

Carrier: 25.1

Model: MKVG2LL/A

Modem Firmware: 2.30.00

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JWLIONKING,

We want to make sure we get you connected to your Network Extender. You would want to make sure your phone is listed on your Network Extender. You would go to Network Extender Management and Security #1 http://spr.ly/6584BCz8p. I am confident putting this on your list will make sure your device is able to connect.

RobinD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JWLIONKING
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately I am unable to manage.  Please see screen capture for what I see on my account: http://imgur.com/a/UzSAJ

Managed access is not available for 4G LTE Network Extenders at this time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming this. I want to check something here, can you try to turn off Wi-Fi calling and test it out? Does this help you connect?

LeoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JWLIONKING
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for helping me with this issue.  I shut off wifi calling and I still get the same behavior.  Once in a blue moon I will be able to connect and make some phone calls but then it quickly kicks me off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are very welcome, we want to help get you connected ASAP. When is the last time the network extender was powered off/on? Have you by chance, been able to connect to any other network extenders without issues?

ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
JWLIONKING
Enthusiast - Level 3

I restart it daily. So last time it was restarted was yesterday.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I really appreciate all your efforts and patience with this, JWLIONKING. I've submitted your concern to our team that's working closely with Apple on the difficulties you've described. Please continue to watch for an update to your device software http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/information/software_updates.html and to your phone's carrier settings https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201270 .

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes