Re: 4G Network Extender is NOT compatible with iPhone 7 - PLEASE HELP
Weth
Legend

Thank you but I will chime in with logical reason when warranted. As a public forum, no one should be asking anyone to be quiet. Many do not even know about wifi calling and spend money they do not need to. I have solved many home connectivity problems with this free and simple advice. My commenting on the post will neither increase nor decrease your chances of getting your extender fixed. If I help others, great. If you have no need, ignore. Hey I may even increase your chances of getting a resolution by keeping the post alive. By your admission you gave wifi calling 2 days trial, yet have given your so far useless LTE extender over a month. I really do hope you get it fixed since a $250 box that doesn't do what it is supposed to do is sure hard to swallow.

0 Likes
LostVector
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no logic on your part in claiming Wi-Fi calling is a one to one replacement for an LTE extender.  It is not.  It may do everything *you* want it to do, but that is not the point, is it?

Feel free to offer your opinion to others, but as far as your opinions on Wi-Fi calling and my particular situation, your opinion is neither desired nor appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

To all others other than LostVector:

Wifi calling (free) vs. LTE Extender ($250)

• Able to call, text, and use data where native Verizon signal is poor - both - TIE
  • HD Voice - both work fine - TIE
  • Control access - only allow certain phones to connect - both - TIE
  • Anyone access - allow anyone in your home have Verizon calling- Extender - only 7, WIFI calling limited by bandwidth - Wifi calling +1 point (limitation must be on newer phone - see next point)
  • Any Verizon phone or device will work - only Extender - Extender 1 point
  • 911  Works for both. Homeowner's devices will give correct address. Visitors, Extender gives correct address - Extender 1 point
  • Setup - You already have wifi router - wifi calling 1 point
  • Power outage - Both dependent on your Internet connection and router working - TIE
  • Handoff between in home signal and Verizon native signal - both handoff fine - TIE
  • Range - covering entire house and nearby outdoors - with 800 MHz wall busting frequency better with Extender - Extender 1

Clearly the Extender has certain advantages. If those are needed in someone's situation, by all means, spend the $250. For the vast majority of others that just want a working cell phone in the house, use wifi calling and save the money and hassle of the Extender boxes.

0 Likes
Rkgr1978
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am interested in getting the extender but I am waiting to see if this issue gets resolved before purchasing it.  You make valid points except for one.  My employer does not allow wifi calling. Thus I can't call into my employer.  I have also run into this when calling other businesses. So they are not the same.

0 Likes
PAILEV28

I noticed Wifi calls being rejected as well by certain numbers.  When I called the same number using the area code the call went through.   Have you tried adding the area code?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Rkgr1978 wrote:

I am interested in getting the extender but I am waiting to see if this issue gets resolved before purchasing it. You make valid points except for one. My employer does not allow wifi calling. Thus I can't call into my employer. I have also run into this when calling other businesses. So they are not the same.

Your employer has no idea it is a wifi call. With wifi calling you must use 10 digit dialing all the time. Once the call goes out, the recieving party cannot identify if it is sourced on the cellular system or wifi calling. You just misunderstood what the message meant when you don't use 10 digit dialing.

Just use the full 10 digit dialing.  Put all your contact in your phone book in the format +1 aaa nnn-nnnn and you will never have problems anywhere in the world.

0 Likes
boogieman77
Enthusiast - Level 2

After fully testing for the last few days.  I wanted to chime in.  I have been running 10.1 beta since first release.  After the 3rd release I noticed my phone was working more on the LTE 4G extender.  Still though had some loss of service. Not as much just some.  However after the 4th beta I have yet to lose service.  For the last several days I have not had one loss and I have pretty much been watching it full time to make sure. To test even further I left my wifes on 10.0.3 and witnessed the same as mine was doing before IOS 10.1 beta 3.  With this said I feel that the update that will be released should fix most of your issues.  If you would like sign up for the beta.  I am a developer and not breaking any NDA by other stuff released as it is posted on the internet anyways.  Please feel free to try if you would like.

0 Likes
kevinr_vzw
Verizon Employee

Rkgr1978, we want to make sure that you can make/receive phone calls without any issues. PAILEV28 and Weth have both provided very good suggestions. Have you been able to try out their recommendation? Please provide the outcome of completing these steps. I hope to hear back from you soon.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DANMCC677

iPhone 7 running 10.1 was not associating to network extender in my house even though my 6s phones do.  Today 11/03 I came home from work and it associated, I changed nothing on my end but just wanted to report my 7 is now associating to my network extender.

0 Likes
reggie14

I'm having this problem now.  I got an iPhone 7 last Friday, and immediately started having problems with *all* of my devices intermittently connecting to the extender. I really thought it was just a problem with the extender (it didn't even occur to me that the iPhone may be involved), but after a week of troubleshooting with Verizon, it's very obvious this is a problem with the iPhone.  If I turn off the iPhone, the extender works fine.  Once I turn it on, within a few hours my other devices start having problems connecting (and saying connected) to the extender.

Has everyone looked at their LTE extender logs? You can view these on your LTE Extender web admin page. You'll need to find the IP address of your 4G extender first. You can do that by cycling through the screens on the front of the network extender.

Type that address in a web browser. When prompted, the default password for the extender is LteFemt0 (that's a zero at the end).

Then go to About->Status and Alerts. On that page, under Status Details, there should be something that says System Detail History. Click on that and look for messages saying the extender is "Not In-Service."

0 Likes