4G Network Extender is NOT compatible with iPhone 7 - PLEASE HELP
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am trying to trouble shoot a verizon issue with the 4G LTE Network Extender. I have finally made it to advanced technical support and they are telling me the 4G LTE Network Extender is not compatible with HD Calling.

This resource says otherwise

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204106/

Along with multiple other phones that all use advanced calling to connect to my network extender. Verizon is essentially telling me to remove HD Calling from my account to have my Network Extender work.

I had the lady remove advanced calling from my account, the network extender is still functioning improperly with ONLY iPhone 7’s

I am at my wits end with this, I purchased this device from verizon to have coverage, and now with the iPhone 7 it no longer works.

I can not get anyone who knows anything about this issue or even acknowledge it as an issue.

Seriously the most frustrating technical issue I have ever experienced and I don’t know how to escalate it to get it actually fixed.

I can literally take my SIM out of my iPhone 7 and put it in ANY other phone EVEN an iPhone 6S and it works flawlessly.

There is a serious issue with the iPhone 7 and the network extender and their ability to work together.  Verizon seems to be ignoring the issue.

I have verified this on multiple other forums and on Reddit, it is affecting EVERYONE with an iPhone 7 on a Network Extender

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G Network Extender is NOT compatible with iPhone 7 - PLEASE HELP
Weth
Legend

To all others other than LostVector:

Wifi calling (free) vs. LTE Extender ($250)

• Able to call, text, and use data where native Verizon signal is poor - both - TIE
  • HD Voice - both work fine - TIE
  • Control access - only allow certain phones to connect - both - TIE
  • Anyone access - allow anyone in your home have Verizon calling- Extender - only 7, WIFI calling limited by bandwidth - Wifi calling +1 point (limitation must be on newer phone - see next point)
  • Any Verizon phone or device will work - only Extender - Extender 1 point
  • 911  Works for both. Homeowner's devices will give correct address. Visitors, Extender gives correct address - Extender 1 point
  • Setup - You already have wifi router - wifi calling 1 point
  • Power outage - Both dependent on your Internet connection and router working - TIE
  • Handoff between in home signal and Verizon native signal - both handoff fine - TIE
  • Range - covering entire house and nearby outdoors - with 800 MHz wall busting frequency better with Extender - Extender 1

Clearly the Extender has certain advantages. If those are needed in someone's situation, by all means, spend the $250. For the vast majority of others that just want a working cell phone in the house, use wifi calling and save the money and hassle of the Extender boxes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to ensure you get the best possible connection where you need it the most! I apologize for the frustration this has caused. What exactly happens with the connection between the device and the Extender? To confirm, you do have the Network Extender model # SLS -BU103? If so, you will definitely want to have HD Voice enabled on the account and the device via Settings>Cellular>Options>Enable LTE>Voice and Data On. Do you also have WiFi Calling active as well?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

HD Voice is enabled.  Yes.  I have been through EXTENSIVE trouble shooting.

I have spent hours on the phone with Verizon Advanced Tech Support.

MULTIPLE USERS at reddit have been reporting this. 

Here is what happens - This happens on iPhone 7 ONLY.  I can take the iPhone 7 sim out of my phone and put it in any other phone - including an iPhone 6S and it works FLAWLESSLY.  

Scenario 1: Power on the phone, 5 Bars of LTE Service through the Network extender - Dial #48 I am connected to the network extender.  Hang up, then booted from Network Extender - phone now requires a full restart to reconnect.

Scenario 2: Power on the phone - 5 Bars LTE Service over network extender - Dial a call while I am briefly connected to the Network Extender - Connect the call over the Network Extender - Booted during call - Call failed.  Phone now requires a restart to reconnect.

Scenario 3: Power on the phone, 5 Bars LTE Service.  Do nothing on the phone just watch the bars of service. Less than 3-5 minutes later, booted from Network Extender - phone now requires a restart to reconnect.

This ONLY happens with ANY iPhone 7.  Multiple accounts, friends, family etc have all been over to show off their new iPhone 7’s.  Same scenarios.  Consistently booted from Network Extender on iPhone 7.

Iphone 6, 6S, any android phone with advanced calling, and compatible phone EXCEPT the iPhone 7 works as expected and flawlessly.

Multiple users are reporting this on multiple forums.

All settings on iPhone and Network Extender are correct.

I believe this is either one of three things:

1: iPhone CDMA Radio is broken.

2: Verizon Carrier Update 25.1 is having issues with the iPhone 7 preventing it to connect

3: The Network Extender needs a firmware update.

Verizon can CONFIRM this behavior by connecting any home Network Extender to an iPhone 7.  It functions this way on 100% of iPhone 7’s 100% of the time.

JWLIONKING
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can confirm the same behavior with my iPhone 7 plus even after your recommended verifications.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Roadblocked,

Thank you very much for providing me with all of the troubleshooting steps that you have done. This is very much appreciated. Please allow me to look into this a bit further with you. I’m going to send you a Direct Message. Please respond to me in the Direct Message to continue.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have replied, thanks

0 Likes
PAILEV28

I can confirm the same issue.  Been using a 4G LTE network extender for over a month now.   My wife's iphone 6 and my 6s work flawlessly.  Just upgraded my wife's 6 to a 7 on 9/20 and now she cannot connect to the extender.   Voice & Data is checked under Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE.   Went through 2 levels of tech support on the phone with Verizon.  Reboot devices...reset network settings...etc.  Then I saw this thread and gave up.  There is clearly a combatibility problem with the 7.  Maybe the new Intel modem was a bad choice for Apple.

0 Likes
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is all true but if you have the Verizon model your iPhone still uses Qualcomm chip - GSM only version has intel

0 Likes
LostVector
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here.  I have gone ahead disabled the voice + data on my iPhone 7 since I have a 3G extender.  Waiting for a fix.  Seems like I paid 249 for nothing.

boogieman77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here iPhone 7+. Can take sim out and old 6s is fine. Also fine on iPhone 6. Lte signal will sporadically go in and out on 7+. Verizon must fix.