Re: 4G Network Extender Issues
PeteBoston
Contributor - Level 1

Since it may take a few months for Samsung to get VZW a patch, my NRB person downgraded my unit back to 1.0.0.21 manually today. Going to keep an eye on it to see if the problem has gone away.

He also believes he knows why the unit randomly overrides my 100% power level and ends up back at 20% and is looking in to what can be done to fix that with Samsung separately.

0 Likes
jerro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Whenever VZW, Samsung or a user does a factory reset, power goes to 20%. I notice it in diminished range and signal. I return it to 100% so it covers the property.What a pain. I guess I will stick with Android for now given iPhone extender issues but we are looking at T-Mobil too for this and other reasons.

0 Likes
SCRECH1

Back to getting nowhere with getting this issue resolved.  The device has now been replaced for the 3rd time.  Same problem.  I have taken the device to a neighbors house and does not work with iPhone 6 or 7 device there so that proves it is not the home premise problem.  The call goes out and within 9 to 10 sec fails.  When dialing #48 the call does not even go out to see if connected by net extender coverage or NOT.  This device worked for over a year up until 7.28.17.  The firmware I recieved with this device began at v1.0.0.21 then once connected to the network management it updated to v2.0.0.x and i believe that is where the problem starts but cannot prove since the firmware is automatically updated.  I think this is a firmware glitch.  I spoke to second level tech support which was a total waste of time.  The individual said there is nothing wrong and replace the device but first he said take to local store and have them test it.  Well I played the game and went to the store and wasted even more time and they said they could not test it because they have no ethernet connections.  What are you serious?  Who is the next line support rep to get this resolved?  This is TOTALLY ridiculous waste of both my time and Verizon's.  I cannot believe this is happening.  No follow up until I complain again and everytime I call in I have to go thru the same explanation again.  Customer support are you kidding me????  I have been a loyal customer for years and years.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fred, we understand how stressful this process has been.  We want nothing more than for you to have working service.  As a tech expert, I have never known us to have to replace a Network Extender 3 times.  We should take a look at your internet connection.  Has anything changed with your internet service since the problems started?  How long have you had your modem?

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SCRECH1

Has nothing to do with internet connection.  Took the device to my neighbors home and it does not work there.  That pretty much eliminates the problem with the connection.  My neighbors have iPhones too and the problem does the exact same thing.  I just read another post of the same thing happening to another user.  Nothing has changed on my internet connection.  I had the first device for over a year then second device 2 weeks and now the 3 device which i have not even removed the plastic covering from it yet. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Honestly, if you have iPhone 6 or newer, Wi-Fi Calling is usually better than a network extender. The Wi-Fi range is typically greater. Have you tried Wi-Fi Calling?

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/

NoahS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SCRECH1

So are you going to refund the $250 for the device then?

0 Likes
Mps991
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just decided to check back in and find out if everyone's problems have been solved.

As I can See the problem continues.

I guess it has been over a month now since I left Verizon.

It is nice to be able to receive and make calls without having to worry about another piece of technology.

I cannot tell you how many times I was told to use Wi-Fi calling. And I too asked if they were going to refund my money. I guess I don't have to tell you how that went. The help seems to stop from Verizon at that point. They are selling a piece of technology that does not work after it is updated. I could find no one who could answer some simple questions :

" What was this update supposed to do?"

"Why are people having problems with it ?"

"Why can we not fix this?"

If Verizon really wanted to keep customers they should have taken our problems seriously . Not keep stringing you along with stupid answers to keep your account open for another billing cycle. Stop blaming everything but your own technology.

I always got the feeling that nobody really cared if this got fixed or not, And from what I have read here since I left I see things have not changed.

SCRECH1 you asked a valid question 14 days ago I wonder why nobody from Verizon on this board answered you?

0 Likes
PeteBoston
Contributor - Level 1

At this point I believe my issue is resolved. Still finalizing my testing and making sure no new issues were introduced w/ iOS 11 update. To make a long story short, my main issue was resolved by Samsung removing certain Macro network peers on my Femto. These peers were on frequencies with higher priorities and as a result was causing my phone to constantly flip back and forth to the Macro network as long as it had a Macro signal, even a really bad one.  While I too originally thought the issue was triggered by the SW update, we disproved this theory by downgrading the SW and the bad behavior still existed. I still have the problem where frequently I am bumped down to 20% power. At this point VZW/Samsung know what event triggers this, but don't yet have a plan in place to resolve. I told them that this needs to get fixed since I cannot be responsible for logging in to my unit each morning to see if my power level got bumped down.

karens3
Enthusiast - Level 1

None of my phones are connecting to Our Network extender. I have an S7 and another J something or other. Have rebooted the extender, phones. to no avail. The lights are all blue. Help. They don't even find that the network extender exists now.

0 Likes