Re: 4G LTE Network Extender does not work with iPhone XR
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's take a look into this, KimM86! Please provide the Ticket Number so we can do so.

DillonY_VZW

0 Likes
wendyb0205
Enthusiast - Level 1

Gosh same here.  Hubbu and I both have new iphone XR and never had extender before these phones.  1st extender they sent me after hours of googling then another hour or so on phone with verizon they said the extender was bad and sent me a new one.  Installed new one yesterday and still can not hook up.  Dialed #48 and said my phone is not under LTE coverage.  I am sitting 18 inches away from device and internet router.

I reset network, I had Verizon do some sort of re boot , and reset my iphone back to factory settings (which was horrible as some  my apps and passwords had to be re entered and my cards were de activiated from my wallet.) and made sure my software is up to date on the iphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wendyb0205, thank you for all the steps you have taken thus far to resolve these issues. Help is here as you deserve a Network Extender that works. I know how scary a factory data reset can be but you are truly appreciated for taking the necessary steps to resolve the Network Extender concerns. Let's attempt a few more steps to get this issue fixed. Currently, on the Network Extender, are the lights showing all blue and solid? Have you reset your Wi-Fi connection in your home? Click the link provided for the step-by-step instructions to connect the Network Extender and keep us posted on your progress. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-extender-basics/

NatashaR_VZW

0 Likes
ELDRAGUN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’ve been having this problem also ever since I got my iPhone XS, the new iPhones can connect to band 66 at your closet tower , and Verizon will only set your extender to band 13 or 4 BUT the phone will want to hold on to band 66 even if it only has 1 bar! Do a field test to determine what band your on when it won’t connect (most likely Band 66) then toggle airplane mode to connect to the network extender and do the same field test( problaly Band 13 when connected)

the solution for this problem is Verizon changing the network extender to Band 66 but they REFUSE to do it and won’t even admit its the problem

call them to complain, I’ve called and told them dozens of times and they won’t even open a ticket for me anymore 

0 Likes
ELDRAGUN
Enthusiast - Level 2

But if more people complain, the more they have to look at this issue

0 Likes
anon7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: The iPhone has been working OK the last 5 days since phone owner returned from travel.  The phone has not been restarted since then.  The iOS is now 12.3.  Hopefully something has been fixed.  Also the extender is on Band 13.   The phone switches to Band 66 when enough away from the extender.

0 Likes