cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

why has verizon quit using security photos during login?

Miembro

With all the phishing going on, it was a sound idea to have the user chosen security photo prior to entering a password.  Now, there is no longer a security photo, and the log on screen comes up with my log on ID already loaded, and asking for a password.  How am I to know, now, that I am not entering my password on a phishing site?  In a time of cyber warfare, is verizon lowering security standards???

Labels (1)
Pestañas (1)
Highlighted

Re: why has verizon quit using security photos during login?

Expert

I noticed this too, but I have dug into why it was changed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand the importance of security, TWENTY8GA. Thanks for reaching out to us here. When did you first notice this? I still have a security image when I sign on to My own Verizon account from my computer. I have my web browser set to clear the cookies an cache every time I close my browser. So, it's like signing in from a new device every time I access My Verizon. What web browser do you use? The web browser might be saving your info, and recognizing your computer. Try clearing the cookies and cache, then close out and then re-enter into the same web browser and see if the issue persists.

JoeyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@JoeyM_VZW, Are you signing into the Support->Community Forums, because that still shows the Security Picture as previously noted.  However, the My Verizon login does not:

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jav6, your account security is always our priority. Your account should still have a security image set up. Please select the link below and log in to change or update your security image.

http://spr.ly/6586DyEso
Here is more information regarding your account security/security Image http://spr.ly/6588DyEsq . (choose question 4 part A to change or update your security image) Please notify us if this helps.
SeanC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm having the same issue. My security image no longer displays. Clicking the link that Sean provided, does not display it, nor allows me to edit/change my security image.

Highlighted

@SeanC_VZW, Signing into the Community Forum shows my Security Picture, but signing in to My Verizon does NOT show my Security Picture. Note, my login id is saved and pre-populated in both instances.  I've used multiple browsers with the same results.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Highlighted

Miembro

This is even worse! Now when I log in I get the message to not enter password if I do not see my security image. Guess what no image but the message is still there. You need to test your software updates before you install changes to the production environment where the public/customers see the error!

verizonsecurity.png

0 Likes