cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

llamadas no deseadas

MOMOFFOUR4
Miembro

Has anyone else been having numerous Verizon numbers call them? For me it's local numbers i.e. 920-379-XXXX. I've answered one and they hung up right away but I typically don't answer.  A voicemail is never left. I've blocked several numbers and new ones call me the next day.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: unwanted calls

Community Manager
Community Manager

Spam calls are certainly a hassle, Momoffour4. I can tell you that I've personally been getting quite a few myself. Managing them can be tricky as more telemarketers and scammers have been utilizing Caller ID spoofing, which essentially makes the number show up like a normal number instead of a traditional 800, unknown, or restricted number.

It sounds like you've already taken some steps to block numbers, but as you've mentioned, many times they keep using new ones. You can read more about additional blocking options here, #10 and #12: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/

Depending on what type of phone you have, you can also search for call blocking apps in your phone's app store. ¡Buena suerte!

KarolineD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Spam calls are certainly a hassle, Momoffour4. I can tell you that I've personally been getting quite a few myself. Managing them can be tricky as more telemarketers and scammers have been utilizing Caller ID spoofing, which essentially makes the number show up like a normal number instead of a traditional 800, unknown, or restricted number.

It sounds like you've already taken some steps to block numbers, but as you've mentioned, many times they keep using new ones. You can read more about additional blocking options here, #10 and #12: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/

Depending on what type of phone you have, you can also search for call blocking apps in your phone's app store. ¡Buena suerte!

KarolineD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

GreenFrog
Miembro

Hi, I'm getting around 10 unwanted calls of organizations soliciting money per day.  Often the same organization using different numbers.  I've been on the Do Not Call Registry for many years now.

I used to work writing software to detect cellular telephone fraud.  It seems like Verizon could do something about this problem if they wanted to.  I know that I back in 2000, I could have written something to identify and block these call centers very easily.

Blocking individual numbers is useless because the telemarketers use different numbers each call.

What Call Blocking applications would you recommend?

I've started taking information on each call and reporting it to the FCC.  Usually the caller hangs up when I ask for information.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I used to receive 10-20 of these calls daily, so your need for these calls to come to a stop is relatable. It definitely sounds like you have a background of this issue and have already taken proactive steps to safeguard yourself. We hear our customers needs, so we created a service called Call Filter.  This feature is $2.99 a month, and it will put an automatic spam block and detection on your device. The spoofing calls will not be able to get through to you. Here is a link to read more about it: http://spr.ly/6609Enhmd This service will roll out for free at the end of March. Did this information help? 

AkaneM_VZW

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

GreenFrog
Miembro

The Verizon Call Filter has 2 out of 5 stars on the Apple store.  I'm trying out something with more stars.

0 Me gusta