cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

"Damaged" returned device not received, but still charged for on bill

Miembro

I received an email nearly a month ago (June 23) stating that my returned device, an iPhone 6S, had not been accepted because it was "damaged" and that I would be charged the remaining payoff balance (around $350) and the phone would be returned to me.

For starters, neither myself nor the Verizon store agent noted any damage to the phone when it was mailed back after I upgraded.  But, leaving that aside, I have not received the "damaged" device yet, nor have I been providing any tracking information at all, but a $350 charge was promptly levied against my Verizon account.

Does anyone know who I contact to ascertain the device's location and if/when it has indeed been mailed back to me?  I don't think I should be paying $350 for a device that not only was not "damaged" when I returned it, but that I have not even received back.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: "Damaged" returned device not received, but still charged for on bill

Expert

Once you send in the device for a trade in or other offer, it will never returned to you for any reason.  Whoever told you could get the phone back was very misinformed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

if you have tracked proof of it arrived there in Texas or Indiana, and there's no proof of it shipped back, then that's your security against the false reply you got, thus challenge them to that regardless, and demand proof of damage in photos. also a claim in carrier will help. that should shake it up a bit.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

It was an email from Verizon saying that the phone would be mailed back to me.  The email didn't include a tracking number though.

0 Likes
Highlighted

WHEN YOU SHIPPED IT, TRACK INFO YIU CAN SEE. THATS PROOF THEY STILL HAVE IT.MAKE THEM PROVE THEY DONT. ALSO FILE A TRACE ON PACKAGE SHIPPING CARRIER. i cant be clearer.

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

IM inclined to think Ann is on the right track.  Perhaps you read the email incorrectly, as a return for upgrade would NOT be returned, but you would be billed for the balance.

WAs the iPhone iCloud locked or did you factory reset it and remove from find my iPhone?   ¿No sabes? 

Login to iCloud on a computer at iCloud.com and see if the phone is still on your account.  If it is, you may not have removed the lock and the phone is useless.   While it should be marked as iCloud locked, not damaged, that isn't what was marked on the form. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

followup on my suggestion to try and get back 350

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

The only time a device is returned due to damage and the customer charged is during a warranty return.

UPgrades returns insurance returns, port trade in returns are NEVER  returned for any reason.   She misread the email, it said NOT returned.

damaged returns are photographed and she should request copies of the pictures.

0 Likes
Highlighted

SECONDLY SHE NEEDS PROOF THAT ITS BEING RETRNED AS VZW SAID. she has no proof of either,yet

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Devlon

I would be concerned too if this had happened to my device. Depending on what type of transaction occurred would determine whether or not your damage device would be shipped back to you. Please provide us additional details on what type of upgrade you were completing. Was this a promotional offer to trade in your device and upgrade early? Was this a device payment plan that had an option of trading in your device before completing the full payment?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes