cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Re: question on line access fee

kaebfly
Leader

No you wouldn't have to return the phone (unless that has changed). The $350 ETF is meant to offset what is lost by Verizon for allowing you get the phone at a subsidized price (even if you bought it through Costco. They couldn't give you the subsidized price if your line wasn't eligible). You would own the phone after paying the ETF and would be free to activate it on another carrier or do it again on Verizon.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

IT is misunderstandings like this that caused ATT to take away the ability of 3rd party retailers to use 2year contracts

at all.

Your complaint is with COSTCO.  Do they offer both payment methods at COSTCO?   Did you ask for Device payment plan?  Or did you think you were getting some special deal and didn't read the purchase contract you signed?

If you feel overcharged, get the difference from COSTCO.  It was not Verizon's fault.

0 Me gusta

whyme1966
Miembro

I didn't think I could use that phone and was going to return it to where I purchased it at $200.  They are willing to take the phone back for a refund.

I thought this phone would be useless since it is attached to this contract. And that's why I feel $350 to cancel and then turn around a start a new line with new service and pay full price for another phone with 24 monthly payment plan is excessive.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

Plus a restocking fee.....

Your options:  over pay $150 with current deal and keep the number.

o

over pay $350, plus restock fee, lose the number.

LEsson learned: priceless

0 Me gusta

whyme1966
Miembro

line access fee is not mentioned on Costco paperwork. Only states keep current rate plan. Nothing states that line access fee varies depending on which option is chosen. Found out it increased after I reviewed my account on line since I haven't even gotten first billing yet.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

whyme1966 wrote:

line access fee is not mentioned on Costco paperwork. Only states keep current rate plan. Nothing states that line access fee varies depending on which option is chosen. Found out it increased after I reviewed my account on line since I haven't even gotten first billing yet.

As I have pointed out multiple times, the line access fee DOES NOT VARY. It is ALWAYS $40 for a smartphone on More Everything. What varies is your eligibility for discounts which does not affect the rate of your plan OR line access fee. It is a discount which is taken off AFTER you are billed your rate. You are paying the same rate whether or not you are under a contract on the More Everything plan. You simply are no longer eligible for an out of contract discount.

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

whyme1966 wrote:

I didn't think I could use that phone and was going to return it to where I purchased it at $200.  They are willing to take the phone back for a refund.

I thought this phone would be useless since it is attached to this contract. And that's why I feel $350 to cancel and then turn around a start a new line with new service and pay full price for another phone with 24 monthly payment plan is excessive.

Willing to take back the phone for a refund does not mean you have to return it.

That phone can be used on ANY line of service with Verizon. If you fail to pay the ETF, though, Verizon may block that phone from receiving service. Just make sure you pay the ETF when you cancel that line of service.

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

whyme1966 wrote:

And you did keep your current rate plan.   Your current rate plan allows for a discount if you remain out do contract, but none if you are IN a contract.

0 Me gusta

whyme1966
Miembro

Okay, so just want to have complete understanding. If I cancel my contract and pay the $350 ETF, I will be able to use the phone associated with that contract to start a new line service and not have any phone device payment? Whether or not it has the same number is not a big deal.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

Yes.  But they may blacklist the phone.   If they do you lose everything.

0 Me gusta