cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

question on line access fee

whyme1966
Miembro

I purchase my son's phone for $200 plus upgrade fee of $40 for a two year contract from a third party online. No where did it state that any of my line access fees would be increased from $15/month to $40/month. Actually stated "keep same rate plan" on order. this is 3 weeks ago    

Today I go and upgrade my phone but went into third party store and was told it would be cheaper to sign up for monthly payment plan without upgrade fee, and line access fee increase and proceeded to show me the rate changes on my son's phone.

I finish my phone upgrade w/monthly payment plan and go home and immediately call Verizon about my son's phone.

I was told that since activation was November 13, 2015 I am beyond my 14 activation termination deadline.

I tell them I did not agree to line access increase and it is not indicated anywhere. Have not even gotten my first bill to see that fee increase. Would not have purchased phone if it was going to increase line access fee by more than double.

Third party store is willing to refund $200 cost of phone and reissue under monthly payment plan. But Verizon wants $350 termination fee on a 2 year contract that has not even billed the first bill in order for me to terminate and then renew under monthly payment plan.

Am I crazy, but I have to pay $350 to turn around and then pay $31/month payment on phone for 24 months and $15 line access fee because of a rate change that I never authorized, is not written anywhere or accepted by me anywhere, was not given prior notice, I object to it.

But Verizon expects me to pay them $350 to terminate and then stay with them after this and give them more money over a two year period for another phone?

After being a loyal customer since 2003 I do not believe they see the value in keeping me as a customer. Do they not see that the $350 ETF for a phone just activated on November 13th and today is December 7th, which was perfectly fine until the line access fee increase by more than double, will now cause me to find another carrier. So not only will Verizon lose the billing on this plan that I am objecting to is incorrect, they will also lose Iphone 6S Plus I upgraded to today, and the tablet I added today, and I will go to a carrier that will pay my termination fee for me.

So in return for the $350 ETF due to the unauthorized increase without prior notice of my line access fee from $15/mo to $40 Verizon will lose my monthly billing of approximately $130/month x 24 months = $3120.00 revenue generated that will be lost. 

All because I do not agree to the increase in line access fee and if this is due to the subsidizing of my $200 phone, fine, I will be glad to change over to the monthly payment plan. But you can't expect me to pay $350 to get out of a 3 week old contract because of an increase in my rate plan that is not disclosed anywhere, and then expect me to pay $30/mo for the phone on a 24 mo payment plan plus $15 line access fee plus the $350 ETF you just charged me to be able to change over. This is what is wanting to have your cake and eat it.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: question on line access fee

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

whyme1966 wrote:

I purchase my son's phone for $200 plus upgrade fee of $40 for a two year contract from a third party online. No where did it state that any of my line access fees would be increased from $15/month to $40/month. Actually stated "keep same rate plan" on order. this is 3 weeks ago  

Your line access fee DID NOT change. What DID change is that you are no longer receiving a $15/month discount for being out of contract. You were out of contract and receiving an out of contract discount. You are now in contract and therefore do not qualify for an out of contract discount.

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

whyme1966 wrote:

Your line access fee DID NOT change. What DID change is that you are no longer receiving a $15/month discount for being out of contract. You were out of contract and receiving an out of contract discount. You are now in contract and therefore do not qualify for an out of contract discount.

View solution in original post

whyme1966
Miembro

It was a $25 discount. So why would anyone ever knowingly choose to pay $600 more to be locked into a contract, plus pay $200 up front for the phone, plus $40 upgrade fee = $840 total which is more than the msrp of the phone and be locked for 2 years.

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

whyme1966 wrote:

It was a $25 discount. So why would anyone ever knowingly choose to pay $600 more to be locked into a contract, plus pay $200 up front for the phone, plus $40 upgrade fee = $840 total which is more than the msrp of the phone and be locked for 2 years.

Some people prefer contracts, others do not. I have been recommending on these forums to either go on Edge/DPP or to pay full price up front for your device ever since they first started offering these discounts. Some people STILL prefer to sign up for a new contract. It makes no difference to me.

0 Me gusta

whyme1966
Miembro

but that's just it, knowing now and requesting to go to Edge/DPP, they want me to pay $350 ETF to terminate the service on this contract and then set up new line service and import phone number. This sounds like extortion, pay us another $350 and then we will let you go on monthly payment plan and give me my $25 discount back

0 Me gusta

kaebfly
Leader

Ultimately it comes down to not trying to resolve the issue before your 14 days was up. So as frustrating as it may be you owe the etf if you want out of the contract because you're beyond the 14 day return period that you agreed to at purchase. So the question becomes what's more important? Paying the $350 (making your phone purchase price around $550) so you can go back to your month to month discount or staying in the contract and paying the higher access fee. The smart move would be to pay the $350 if paying the increased access fee is going to be a problem for you. But if the deal of paying $197 for your device feels like a better choice then the trade off is paying more for the access fee monthly. None of this is what you want to hear but it's all true and unfortunately it's the situation that you're in.

0 Me gusta

kaebfly
Leader

It's also worth noting that you may lose your current phone number if you choose to pay the ETF. Usually paying the ETF is for someone opting to end their contract early and discontinue service with Verizon. Not sure if they have changed this or not but it used to be if you did this and tried to get service again within I believe a 90 day period they would open your old account back up under the same terms...meaning you would still have to complete the contract as it was. At least that was my understanding. Just something worth considering and making sure you get the correct info to before moving forward.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

whyme1966
Miembro

If it were as simple as you stated I would do as you suggest. But this phone would have to go back to Costco. I would get my $200 refund for it. The $350 ETF is for the Verizon contract service. I then would have to start a month to month plan and pay $30/mo for a new phone.

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

That's not just it. You would pay $350 to cancel a line of service which is under contract just as anyone who cancels a line before completing a contract.

The fact you would then be opening a new line of service is up to you.

Additionally, you wouldn't have to go on DPP and make monthly payments by purchasing a new phone. You already have the phone you could activate on that new line of service, the one you purchased on contract. What did you plan to do with that phone. Just let is sit in a drawer and purchase a new phone? That seems kiind of silly. No, you would instead activate it on your new line of service and therefore have no monthly payments as you are not purchasing a new phone.

Whether or not you get your old number from the contract line you cancelled is another question altogether and I am not certain you would actually be able to do so, regardless what you have been told over the phone.

One thing to keep in mind when doing this would be to open the new line of service BEFORE you cancel the contract liine. In the customer agreement, if you cancel a line of service which is under contract and then open up a new line of service within 90 days, Verizon has in the past simply reinstated the contract which was in effect when you cancelled service, although I do not currently see that in the customer agreement. It is possible they do not do this anymore, but I can't say one way or the other as I have not done this previously.

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

whyme1966 wrote:

If it were as simple as you stated I would do as you suggest. But this phone would have to go back to Costco. I would get my $200 refund for it. The $350 ETF is for the Verizon contract service. I then would have to start a month to month plan and pay $30/mo for a new phone.

Why would the phone have to go back to Costco? Why not just keep it? You paid for it. You are paying the $350 ETF for cancelling the contract. Why would you have to return the phone?

0 Me gusta