cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

question about unlimited data

BeckyInTX
Miembro

I am the primary on our account and have an unlimited data plan for $30; upgraded 2 years ago and still have my prior (no longer active) smartphone.

Hubby has a 2007 flip phone with Verizon and a smartphone through Virgin (cheapest plan - we pay $35/month plus taxes).

If I change hubbys Verizon line from his dinosaur phone to my no-longer-active smartphone will it also have the unlimited data plan for $30?

My goal is to eliminate the Virgin phone if I can swap the Verizon phones and ONLY if his data would be unlimited as well. As long as it's unlimited and costs about the same as the Virgin phone I would swap them out for the same total monthly fees I currently pay.

¡Gracias!

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (3)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: question about unlimited data

tikibar1
Líder Sénior

If you activate your old phone on your husband's line, he'll have to choose a tiered (i.e., 2GB for $30) data plan.  Unlimited data plans are no longer available.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

tikibar1
Líder Sénior

If you activate your old phone on your husband's line, he'll have to choose a tiered (i.e., 2GB for $30) data plan.  Unlimited data plans are no longer available.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

BeckyInTX
Miembro

That's pretty much what I thought. I had to fight to keep my unlimited plan when they changed over. I figured it was too much to ask that his line would be piggybacked on to my unlimited. :-)

¡Gracias!

0 Me gusta

B33
Líder Sénior

Reading your post Becky it sounds like you want to just swap Smartphones on one line, would that be correct if so you could just have your Local comm store Zero out the  ESN on the phone that is currently on that Line and put the one your wanting on it.. Your unlimited would remain in tact as your not changing anything just the Devices) If this is not the case the suggestion made above would stand..

0 Me gusta

BeckyInTX
Miembro

Hubbys line has the 2007 flip phone that I want to swap for my old smartphone- no data on that line. I wish it were just a smartphone swap :-)

I'm waiting on a response from Virgin - hoping I can just drop hubbys Verizon line and have Virgin change his current number to the one we'd drop at Verizon. He's had it forever and I prefer to keep that number but REALLY need him to have just one phone!

¡Gracias!

0 Me gusta

BeckyInTX
Miembro

Just realized I didn't mention we have one of the old Family plans (700 minutes) with four lines activated. Mine and hubbys are both on that account.

Becky

0 Me gusta

B33
Líder Sénior

I Kind of Understand and your Welcome.. b

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

tikibar1, thanks for supporting BeckyInTX with information regarding data plan options. When upgrading to new device with promotional pricing, you will need to move to current plan. Check out our new Share Everything plans that allow you to share data allowance http://bit.ly/xdDajD

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Me gusta

BeckyInTX
Miembro

Thanks, LasinaH, but I have no intention of switching to another plan. I'm not upgrading a device with promo pricing. I fought to keep my unlimited data and will end my contract if I'm forced to switch. I've been with Verizon for 13 or 14 years and have seen many changes, mostly unwelcome ones. I use way too much data to share it with anyone!

I got a favorable answer from Virgin so will be making a decision about hubbys line shortly.

Thanks all!

0 Me gusta