cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

large Edge wrongful charge and no answers?

kmstn
Miembro

I have been a Verizon customer the entire time I have had a cell phone (almost 10 years). I used to be part of a family plan, but now I have my own Edge plan. In October, I edged up to the iphone 6. For billing, it is routed to my bank account and automatically deducted every month on the 23rd. Tuesday, February 3rd, I get an email that says "Thank you for your recent payment" and underneath, the amount is twice ($230) my monthly payment. Not to mention, I had just paid my bill a week or so prior. So I called Verizon. After being on the phone for over an hour, being transferred three times, I got absolutely nowhere. While the representatives were pleasant, I got 0 answers. The only thing they could tell me was that there seemed to be 2 edge agreements now instead of just my own. Which, to me, sounds like someone hacked my account!! Now the odd part about this is that under "My recent payments" it says this $230 charge was via my debit card NOT my checking account/router # etc as usual. So I am panicked that someone has my bank information!!!!! The way it ended was "please call your bank and stop payment"-- which I would be charged for. Are you kidding? How about you just stop the payment yourself? Or better yet-- credit my account the 230!! AND they told me it would take 5 days to investigate. So what am I supposed to do while I wait to see if someone has my bank information??? This has been a nightmare. And on top of all this, it's not the first time they've over charged me. There was a $50 data charge a couple months ago that was totally bogus. I hadn't even used a quarter of my allowed data. Had I not been paying avid attention and fought it, they would've gotten another $50 out of me! I understand companies make mistakes. But this could be fraud!!! Why is there no urgency? I have to say that I find Verizon has the best service coverage-- but I can't stand this anymore.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Is this a Verizon issue/glitch?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: large Edge wrongful charge and no answers?

Weth
Líder Sénior

This is why I never, ever use autopay For any company.   They get the upper hand.   Why no urgency? It is not their money.  

Re: large Edge wrongful charge and no answers?

kmstn
Miembro

You're so right. I wish I could end my contract and go elsewhere but it's

too expensive. Really dug myself into a hole this time. I removed autopay

from all of my accounts/cards etc.