cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Re: gibberish text or partial text is what I receive on my Samsung flip phone and LG flip phone. Why?

EdwardLehman
Miembro

So after playing with my iPhone for a while and searching the net, I found that under general, keyboard, smart punctuation if I turned that off, my basic phone friends receive normal texts even when I use the apostrophe.  That won't help anyone on the flip phone side without having the sender change their settings but that's why this problem got worse recently.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Re: gibberish text or partial text is what I receive on my Samsung flip phone and LG flip phone. Why?

katim_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

gregmitchell,

We can relate to how important your messages are to you. What patterns have you noticed? For instance, is this happening with a certain contact? If so, what make/model is messaging you? Ask for a screenshot of the message sent to you, what characters does the message consist of?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

gjcmitchell
Miembro

I don't know exactly what kind of phone is sending me the texts.  But the problem seems the same as others on this thread.  Assume the texts are coming from iPhones because the texts are cut off after the sender uses an apostrophe.  I get gibberish when they are too long.  I have asked the senders to shorten their texts (which was embarrassing enough) and now it seems that I have to ask them to change a setting on their phones?!?  From what I've seen here and on an Apple toolbox thread, they would need to turn off their smart punctuation.  Who am I to tell them to change the settings on their phones?  But, then, who is Apple to tell me that I have to buy a new phone in order to get info from people who are trying to send me important information?!?  Absolutely ridiculous.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

We appreciate the helpful information, Chrarb73.

This appears to be due to the text formatting from the sending device when certain characters are included. Is your device’s software up to date? When was the last time you dialed *228 send Option 1?

TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

gjcmitchell
Miembro

I have tried the 228 recently.  As I mentioned in my original entry, I went to a Verizon store last week and they told me there was nothing I could do...other than buy a new phone (not a flip phone). 

0 Me gusta

gjcmitchell
Miembro

I don't like having my choices controlled by Apple.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

I hear you on that, gjcmitchell.

Upthread,
DavidH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

gjcmitchell
Miembro

I would certainly ask family members or close friends to change their settings to see if it would help.  However, the two contacts that I have the most trouble with are work contacts.  I am not comfortable asking them to do something like that.  I know them but, they are not personal friends of mine.  This problem needs to be fixable from my side!

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Gjcmitchell, we truly do understand that being in this position would not be an easy one when involving coworkers. A solution on your end certainly would be best. However, as your phone is not capable of recognizing these special characters because of the phone limitations, this truly would be the only option outside of switching your device which we do understand is not an option that you wish to explore.

LorenB_VZW

0 Me gusta

gjcmitchell
Miembro

So then, my "choice" of phones is dictated by the types of phones that a few of my work contacts use? 

0 Me gusta